Carta Limus Chapter 3: Limoanimarean Phosphopathy

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Carta Limus Chapter 3: Limoanimarean Phosphopathy

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Extract from Carta Limus, published 2229.
Used under Z.C.C for Academic Purposes.
All credit to Jyn Caskerde, Olste Kebre, and Iowen Trosvord.

Limoanimarean Phosphopathy
Limus animalia, or, to the common individual, the Slime, is host to a great number of variation; from the humble Limus animalia rosea to the elusive Limus animalia gloriae. We have already covered the invisible brilliant behind rosea, and the infinitely replenishing source of feles's antics; now we move on to one of the most fascinating of all the limoanimaleans: Limus animalia aestarerum.

Lucerna
Filling the gigaplasmic body of aestarerum is a huge web of string-like lucernal tissue, forming the lucerna - the direct output of light from the organism.
The system functions by reacting glucose (hence aestarerum's infamous hunger for fruit) and oxygen in the stellacytes, which form the innermost layer of the lucerna, releasing the energy produced directly via extralucernacytes - which form the outermost layer of the lucerna - as light.

Pseudo-voluntary Control
Unlike the ambient internal pulsations of Limus aqua-habitator animalia and Limus anti-aqua-habitator animalia, aestarerum's lucernations are controlled entirely by the organism; linked to a variety of nerves stemming from the Heliovirga, the organism can choose to lucernate or not so whenever it wishes - however, much alike gas exchange, it will often fire sub-consciously.
This strange phenomenon is brilliantly harnessed by aestarerum with its phosphopathy; or, in simpler terms, communication via luminescence.

Phosphopathy
When aestarerum wishes to broadcast a message to others of its species - whether it be joy, presence of food or distress - it does so by sending unique patterns of lucernation, which are then carried along by the receivers of the pattern in a yet more cryptic pattern.
Although we still lack the means to translate phosphopathy into understandable languages, we can track the amount of individuals the message has passed through; every signal is accompanied by UV light, and the wavelength of said light increases by Naire's Constant (around 7.22) μm each transfer.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Re: Carta Limus Chapter 3: Limoanimarean Phosphopathy

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:30 pm

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Slime Rancher. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of common sense most of the jokes will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Beatrix’s optimistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Mark Twain's literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Slime Rancher truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in BOb’s existential catchphrase “ok oKok OK, OK!! chiCKEn ok?” which itself is a cryptic reference to L'Engle’s American epic A Wrinkle in Time. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Monomi Park’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ;)

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Slime Rancher tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid B)
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm

Did you know that Limus Animalia Rosea is a bird
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 pm

tyrantlemon55 wrote:To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Slime Rancher. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of common sense most of the jokes will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Beatrix’s optimistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Mark Twain's literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Slime Rancher truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in BOb’s existential catchphrase “ok oKok OK, OK!! chiCKEn ok?” which itself is a cryptic reference to L'Engle’s American epic A Wrinkle in Time. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Monomi Park’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ;)

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Slime Rancher tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid B)

I don't know whether to break out laughing or if you're serious.

Sooooooo.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also, "addlepated"?
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Return to Creative