A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

[Suggestion] Vine slime

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Vine slimes
"isnt this ment to be a plant" diet: meat and sun
favorite food: None
Plorts production value: 15
Slimology:
This species of slime is a peculiar one the fact that it is a plant and it consumes meat is strange. we are still unsure whether to call this a plant or a slime as it can gain food through photosynthesis (which will create plorts like puddle slimes.) and meat. It catchs prey by shooting out an long tongue and grabbing its prey like a frog how it consumes meat is by releasing a digestive fluid to disolve then suck up the creature like other carnivorous plants we also know that they create chloroplasts too Which is still counfuses us

dangers: when one is out be wary and careful about your chicken coop 4-6 vine slimes are out and are close to a chicken coop all the hen hens will be gone...

Locomotion:
The vine slimes move by grabbing the floor and sling shotting them outwards. or they can crawl using vines This can be a pain as they easily can excape.

Plotonomics:
Their plorts is used as food to feed live stock such as cows and pigs. the plorts is very nutritional and through their hard shell there is a creamy like substance livestock love

-i hope you enjoyed this
Last edited by TurtleDuDe48 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Re: [Suggestion] Plant slime

Postby Urby » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:55 pm

At this point "Plant slime" is such a saturated name that it would probably better to differentiate yours...

For instance, this sounds a lot like a carnivorous plant! There are a lot of carnivorous plants to potentially base your slime off of - flytraps, pitcher plants, giant stinking corpse flowers...

So, what I am guessing is that this is a slime that can produce a "free" plort as long as it is in a sunny place, but will eat meat that passes by (the risk)? Does it plort if it eats meat and become "full", or does it go through meat like a Tarr?

edit: I saw it eats "future meat" and not just meat ... this makes it less dangerous, because careful management of a coop, or even not having a coop nearby at all, would totally negate its risk. In this case, I would think that this slime's plort should be valued at the Pink slime's plort or less (~7) since it's very unlikely it will deal very much damage. I would suggest it can eat ALL THE MEAT ... that would make it worth maybe ~15 coins and make it much more interesting/risky to house!

Also, can this slime move, or is it rooted to the spot? Since it can get out of its pen, I assume it moves. How does it move? Does it bounce or slide?
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
Urby
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:33 pm

A slime based on a carnivorous plant sounds fun, but I feel like this slime shouldn't be as mysterious as it's being presented. Discovering how it eats should be as easy as observing it. Whether it is a plant or a slime doesn't seem like an issue, either; in the real world, lichen are fungi that shelter symbiotic algae, which produce food for the fungus through photosynthesis. There is also a species of sea slug that is unambiguously an animal, but feeds itself through photosynthesis by stealing chloroplasts from plants.

If your slime roots itself to the ground, then giving it some method of seizing prey from a distance would make it more hazardous to keep.

(Also, please don't feel intimidated by DeltaStorm or his "criticism". His being negative about someone's fan slime is just an indicator that someone has posted a fan slime, and does not mean anything about the quality of your idea.)
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:36 pm

Ok thank for Le feedback I'll edit it soon !

And urby the way it would move is rolling. It is capable of jumping though it prefers to roll around.

Edit: actually I am unsure about its locomotion. I'll think about it.

And I have also givin it a way to catch prey.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby Urby » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:03 pm

TurtleDuDe48 wrote:Edit: actually I am unsure about its locomotion. I'll think about it.

And I have also givin it a way to catch prey.

In all seriousness, it may be able to use its vines to "crawl"!
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
Urby
Rancher

Re: [Suggestion] Vine slime

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:11 pm

ill think about that ill see if i prefer the slingshot motion or crawling :P

Edit: i find both of those things awesome i think i might use both of those But where do you think the vines should come out of... .___.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Return to Creative