Plant Slimes [Repost]

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby Biosaur » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:14 am

I should have posted this in the "creative" section so i'm doing that now

It would be cool to have plant slimes, where instead of feeding it food, you spray it with water every once in a while and it produces plorts every so often! I present...

Plant Slimes
Plant or slime?
Diet: Water and sunlight
Favorite "Food": Sunny, planty places like the overgrowth

-Slimeology-
This species were originally a rare plant found in the moss blanket, only blooming a few times a year, and needing very specific conditions to survive. However, one day, a stray seed landed in a pink plort, transforming the seed into a highly tolerant plant slime. Since then, there has only been increasing amounts of these slimes, as they grow like weeds. Today, you can find them all over moss blanket.

- Dangers -
They need water and sunlight to survive, so they wilt without water or if they are placed in a place like the grotto for too long. Wilted plant slimes will be unhappy, not produce plorts and if left wilted for too long, they will die. Aside from that, they are very safe to keep as they are rooted to the ground and cannot escape.

-Plortonomics-
Plant plorts are nutrient rich and biodegradable, prized by many farmers for use as fertilizer. Fertilizer made from plant plorts have been shown to increase crop yields by up to 50%! Also, these plorts have many medicinal uses, and potentially many more to be discovered. Mild medicine made from these plorts are used by many to cure small colds and other sicknesses, and these plorts can be further refined to make powerful antibiotics that can exterminate the nastiest bacteria.
Slime poop is valuable, use it wisely
User avatar
Biosaur
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: Sitting on the tabby gordo

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby Plumpette » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:20 am

I do really like this idea! Slime poop actually used as fertilizer. Maybe the player could use the plots to fertilize their own garden too?
User avatar
Plumpette
Keeper
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:41 am

Biosaur wrote:I should have posted this in the "creative" section so i'm doing that now

It would be cool to have plant slimes, where instead of feeding it food, you spray it with water every once in a while and it produces plorts every so often! I present...

Plant Slimes
Plant or slime?
Diet: Water and sunlight
Favorite "Food": Sunny, planty places like the overgrowth

-Slimeology-
This species were originally a rare plant found in the moss blanket, only blooming a few times a year, and needing very specific conditions to survive. However, one day, a stray seed landed in a pink plort, transforming the seed into a highly tolerant plant slime. Since then, there has only been increasing amounts of these slimes, as they grow like weeds. Today, you can find them all over moss blanket.

- Dangers -
They need water and sunlight to survive, so they wilt without water or if they are placed in a place like the grotto for too long. Wilted plant slimes will be unhappy, not produce plorts and if left wilted for too long, they will die. Aside from that, they are very safe to keep as they are rooted to the ground and cannot escape.

-Plortonomics-
Plant plorts are nutrient rich and biodegradable, prized by many farmers for use as fertilizer. Fertilizer made from plant plorts have been shown to increase crop yields by up to 50%! Also, these plorts have many medicinal uses, and potentially many more to be discovered. Mild medicine made from these plorts are used by many to cure small colds and other sicknesses, and these plorts can be further refined to make powerful antibiotics that can exterminate the nastiest bacteria.



This idea is a very common one, literally everything is the same as other ones. I want to see an original plant based slime.
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby Urby » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:58 am

To expand on DeltaStorm's comment in a more polite and constructive way:

There is already a Leafy/Wilty slime, and a Mole slime which produces plorts that can be used as fertilizer. You may want to read through these two slime concepts and come up with new ideas to make your own unique!
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
User avatar
Urby
Rancher
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:17 am

Urby wrote:To expand on DeltaStorm's comment in a more polite and constructive way:

There is already a Leafy/Wilty slime, and a Mole slime which produces plorts that can be used as fertilizer. You may want to read through these two slime concepts and come up with new ideas to make your own unique!


Wow, amazing passive aggressiveness.
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby Urby » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Instead of sidetracking the topic on unfounded personal attacks, I have some suggestions for OP!

Your Plant slime's origin sounds a lot like symbiotic evolution. You may want to look at some examples of animal and plant symbiosis to come up with a cool idea. Perhaps you could even make it so the symbiosis is not mututally beneficial - maybe the plant is slowly draining the slime's moisture while not giving the slime much at all. Therefore, the slime would have to be constantly hydrated, along with a seperate diet of solid foods. This would make it a challenge to raise, but their plort could be more valuable.

This is just an example, but I encourage you to try to make your idea more complex!
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
User avatar
Urby
Rancher
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:48 am

Urby wrote:Instead of sidetracking the topic on unfounded personal attacks, I have some suggestions for OP!

Your Plant slime's origin sounds a lot like symbiotic evolution. You may want to look at some examples of animal and plant symbiosis to come up with a cool idea. Perhaps you could even make it so the symbiosis is not mututally beneficial - maybe the plant is slowly draining the slime's moisture while not giving the slime much at all. Therefore, the slime would have to be constantly hydrated, along with a seperate diet of solid foods. This would make it a challenge to raise, but their plort could be more valuable.

This is just an example, but I encourage you to try to make your idea more complex!


DeltaStorm wrote:Wow, amazing passive aggressiveness.
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby Elskah » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Delta, are you always trying to be a completely unhelpful walnut*, or is that an unintended side effect?

To also further expand on Delta's comment, I've posted in a few places an idea for a Compost Slime, which eats rotten food and whose plorts have no value, but can be used to fertilize the player's gardens, cutting a bit of time off of the growing process. I haven't made a separate thread for it though but I know Delta saw my Compost Slime idea, so that's probably part of what they were referring to.

*Substituted for things I'm not going to say on these adorable forums.
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
User avatar
Elskah
Rancher
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:14 pm
Location: Buried in a pile of tabby slimes.

Re: Plant Slimes [Repost]

Postby Urby » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Why call him a walnut when he's clearly a bad apple? it's not a personal attack when it's true. :y

I was thinking, though...wouldn't a plant-based slime that produces a fertilizer plort grow or have a boost when exposed to its own plort? It would be interesting if its favorite food was its own plort, but then you would just create an infinite plort machine by just leaving one alone in a corral without a plort collector...so perhaps not.

I would like to see slimes being able to interact with plorts that don't create Largos, though.
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
User avatar
Urby
Rancher
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm


Return to Creative

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest