Weather Effects - Slime Concepts

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Weather Effects - Slime Concepts

Postby Plumpette » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 am

*Note I will be updating this thread with new concepts and designs

Some ideas for weather conditions and how they affect the slime. And some possible transmuted variants.

Thunderstorm- [Right now I feel gathering Water Slime is a tad bit tedious since they spawn rarely and often get pushed upland by largos and evaporate.]

A rare occurrence where a thunderstorm causes Water Slime to temporarily drop from the sky and land around the area [Only in the Rainforest/Jungle area]. During the storm they can temporarily survive on land, (since water is hitting them) once the thunderstorm is over they start to vaporizer unless they fell into water.

Largos hit by thunder strikes become aggravated and attack the player and other slime. Boom slimes hit by lighting start to explode very frequently and behave more erratically. Other slime begin a eating frenzy where they detect food/plots from further away and the food grows slightly faster while it rains. Tarr can not spawn while it's raining, instead the biggest danger is the angry largos going for the player. And since the other slime are in a eating frenzy, more and more largos are being made while the storm is raging.

Charged Puddle Slime concept - Dunder Slime

Default value of plort: 60

Diet: Electricity

Favorite: None

"A large floating cloud of water, electricity and unrequited love."

Slimeology:

A rare electrically charged largo versions of the timid Puddle Slime. Like the Puddle Slime the Dunder Slimes are mostly friendly, so friendly in fact that they tend to gravitate towards other slimes, ranchers and chickens to give them a hug. However the Dunder Slimes discharge a dangerous stream of electricity on contact, making approaching one very dangerous. These slimes don't eat fruits, veggies, or meat, instead the Dunder Slimes slowly discharges over time and needs to feed on a electrical current to remain charged.

If they manage to discharge they will return to their Puddle Slime form and will fall to the ground. (This is preferably done near water.)

Rancher Risks:

Similarly to the Puddle Slime the Dunder Slime has no ill-will towards ranchers, however some slimes handle their new found floaty freedom better than others. The Dunder Slimes tends to wander and being electricity charged any contact with other slime, ranchers or chickens will cause it to send out a small electric shock hurting anyone or anything close to it's proximity. This makes the Dunder Slime difficult to handle and dangerous to others if left unattended.

Plortonomics:

Dunder splorts are highly valued for their energy storing capacities. Transporting energy was a huge issue for human kind until a scientist eccentric by the name of Benjamina Francesca discovered the energy storing capacity of Dunder plots in a freak kiting accident. Back on the human planet the plots are used in everything from batteries and home applications to vehicles and diet pills.
Last edited by Plumpette on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plumpette
Keeper

Re: Weather Effects - Slime Concepts

Postby Plumpette » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 am

Alright, added the Slimepedia for the Dunder Slime. I have some other ideas I want to explore and post. I am currently having a lot of free time so I might as well spend it drawing dorky fanfiction to two awesome devs and their awesome game.
Plumpette
Keeper

Postby Biosaur » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Plumpette wrote:a scientist eccentric by the name of Benjamina Francesca discovered the energy storing capacity of Dunder plots in a freak kiting accident.

I laughed so hard XD
Slime poop is valuable, use it wisely
Biosaur
Chickadoo

Postby Plumpette » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:23 am

Biosaur wrote:I laughed so hard XD

Thank you! I am glad someone liked it. Drawing amusing descriptions and designing cute plump things are two of my specialties. (the later might be apparent by my username)
Plumpette
Keeper

Postby Urby » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:37 am

This is adorable! Now I'm wondering what a Cloud slime would be like. maybe it has a giant sword.

Since this is about weather effects, I challenge you to make a slime made turgid by the monsoon season!
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
Urby
Rancher

Postby Plumpette » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Urby wrote:Since this is about weather effects, I challenge you to make a slime made turgid by the monsoon season!

Challenge accepted! :P
I'll get right on it.
Plumpette
Keeper

Postby Plumpette » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:04 am

BOOM!
Challenge completed!

Monsoon Season - Thunderstorms and Rainstorms are more common and last longer

Dewdrop Slime

The Dewdrop Slime is a a bloated Honey Slime. Excessive water makes the Honey Slime bloat up and turn into this hungry largo. This large slime has an increased appetite, including an appetite for plorts, however since it's full of water it does not turn into a Tarr no matter what, but it also does not produce any plorts of it's own. It's harmless to ranchers but can become quite the menace by eating all the food and plorts dropped by other slimes. The Dewdrop Slime will dry gradually during the day and more slowly during the night until it turns back into a happy Honey plort producing Honey Slime again.
Plumpette
Keeper

Postby Urby » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:25 am

Very nice! It would definitely help the Tarr minefield the Moss Blanket always becomes.

(I wonder if other slimes might stick to it? They'd have their D8 faces but be unharmed)
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
Urby
Rancher

Postby Plumpette » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:07 am

Urby wrote:(I wonder if other slimes might stick to it? They'd have their D8 faces but be unharmed)

Well I do picture the Dewdrop Slime like a giant candy ball. You know like those half eaten once you find under the car seat full of hair and grime. So I expect they'd do get stuck. :P
Plumpette
Keeper

Return to Creative