The Yukon Creek (new area)

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

The Yukon Creek (new area)

Postby RowletAlex » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:48 am

So here is my interpretation of a snow area, except with less emphasis on the snow:

Slimepedia Entry:
The most northern point on the far far range currently known, this chilly area is tough to survive in, and the slimes living here are equally as tough. Despite the beautiful streams, vast fields of wildflowers, and enormous coniferous forests dotted with mysterious caves, this area is extremely dangerous. Occasionally, violent blizzards rip through the area, freezing over the rivers, causing heaps of snow that are almost impossible to move through, and the danger of frostbite which will slowly damage a rancher, and if one sleeps during one of these blizzards, they may never wake up again... (jigglypuff song plays)

NEW SLIMES:

Bear slime:
These aggressive slimes are undoubtedly the dominant slime in the Yukon creek, and even the tarr will think twice about messing with a bear slime. Bear slimes usually eat meat, but when hungry, they will devour anything in sight, including ranchers.
Bear slimes can be difficult to ranch, since they will go into terrifying fits of rage if they get too hungry, and in a fit a bear slime will effortlessly break through a corral ceiling, and devour every crop and chicken on the ranch, including rotten food and chickadoos. The bear slime brain does not immediately produce leptin, so a bear slime in a fit can eat an enormous amount of food before calming down. Slimes will usually become scared when bear slimes are having a fit, but bear slimes generally will not attack other slimes. In addition, bear slimes have a surprisingly strong bite, which deals double damage to a rancher when in a fit.
A largo bear slime will often be followed by Cub slimes, which are basically just slightly smaller bear slimes that do not eat plorts. Largo bear slimes, which are thought to be the mother of the cub slimes, will become aggressive when approached with cubs, and a tarr will not dare attack a mother bear slime, as a bear slime when in a fit will actively attack tarr, and usually succeed in killing them.

Diet: Meat (everything when hungry)
Favorite food: Snaggletooth Salmon

Plortonomics:
Bear plorts can be refined into an energy drink that temporarily gives the user extreme strength, with the side effect of becoming short tempered, especially towards lawyers. The user also becomes extremely skilled at fishing and hunting for a brief time.

Lynx slime:
These slimes are related to the hunter and tabby slimes, except they are adapted for the harsh conditions of the Yukon creek. A lynx slime can creep silently through the snow, and then pounce upon prey, completely devouring it before it even realizes that something had happened. Lynx slimes can be troublesome to keep, since they enjoy climbing, and will use the unique, retractable claw like spikes on their underside to climb a corral's wall, but they usually fall off, especially when solar shields are used, for some reason. Despite being so determined to escape corrals and explore, they love human companions, and may follow a rancher around.

Diet: meat
Favorite food: Floofy Hen

Plortonomics:
Lynx plorts are extremely grippy, and are used in making hiking boots and mountain bike tires. They also make decent erasers when they are unrefined.

Moss Slime:
Moss slimes are as their name suggests, mossy. They happen to be like that one really nice kind of moss that is soft and fuzzy and makes a decent pillow. Moss slimes like to stick to things, including ranchers, which can be a mild annoyance at times.
They prefer damp, shady places, so they require a solar shield so they won't burn to a crisp. They can only be found in abandoned bear slime dens that have flooded, or occasionally in shady areas during a rainstorm or fog. Moss slimes tend to cover everything with moss after a while, so a rancher must use fire slimes or plorts, or the pulse wave, to get rid of the thick coats of moss that will eventually occur in a moss slime corral.

Diet: Veggies
Favorite food: Tart Taro

Plortonomics:
Moss plorts can be blended into a liquid, which can be sprayed onto surfaces, and a thick coat of moss will grow in seconds. This can range from concrete walls to gardens to even people! This moss, amongst other things, can be put into smoothies for a massive boost of vitamins and healthy stuff. It tastes kinda like a green apple peel.

Butterfly Slime:
Butterfly slimes live in the fields of the Yukon creek, wherever there are abundant wildflowers. They are related to the phosphor slime, except they tend to prefer bright sunlight to dark areas. They are generally quite shy, and will avoid any non-butterfly slimes that are nearby. However, they seem to trust ranchers, and they will often follow a rancher around out of curiosity.
Butterfly slimes do not prove to be very troublesome when ranched, but they will become stressed easily if kept adjacent to any other kinds of slimes. This may cause them to release clouds of reflective scales which can create illusions of various random things if a rancher happens to walk through one of these clouds. When a butterfly slime is terrified by something such as a tarr, or is simply being playful, they may leap onto the heads of ranchers, making it difficult to see for a little while. It is believed they can see more colors than us due to their large, compound eyes.

Diet: Fruit
Favorite food: Brrr Berry

Plortonomics: Butterfly plorts are being researched in the hopes of creating a pair of goggles that will allow people to see colors we could not ordinarily, in addition to possible cures for blindness and color blindness. They are also used to manufacture unique sunglasses that can change the colors of whatever is being viewed, but oddly enough, they appear to spontaneously change colors overnight occasionally.

NEW FOODS:

Snaggletooth Salmon:
Snaggletooth salmon live in the rushing rivers of the Yukon creek, swimming upriver to spawn, then dying, and their young make the journey back to a gigantic pool that drains Into the slime sea, where they will mature, and then head upriver to repeat the cycle. On a ranch, they seem to be perfectly happy to stay in a pond, but they tend to make puddle slimes anxious, so they should usually be ranched in their own pond.
Food type: Meat
Favored by: Bear Slime

Tart Taro:
Tart Taro are aptly named, as they are so sour they can melt the tongue of a rancher, and they temporarily won't be able to taste anything for a day. Somehow, slimes will eat them with no ill effects, so it is theorized that slimes do not have sour tasting tastebuds. For comparison, they make limes taste mild.
Food type: Veggie
Favored by: Moss Slime

Brrr Berry:
Brrr berries only grow in cold, snowy regions, and their taste has been likened to snow drizzled in blueberry and mint juice. The flowers on the bottom must be picked off first, as their taste has been likened to snow drizzled in leaf pulp. They can be found growing on large, thorny bushes covered in snow in forested, shady areas. A favorite thanksgiving dessert on the far, far range is Brr Berry Pie, but any rancher will agree that Thora's secret recipe is the best.
Food type: Fruit
Favored by: Butterfly Slime

Floofy Hen:
Floofy hens are hens that have adapted to the extreme cold by being maximum floof, and having pure white color as camouflage. Floofy hens are easily ranched, but they tend to spontaneously combust near incinerators and when in the glass desert. Unless you were to shave one, you cannot see the eyes, feet, or wings of a Floofy hen, so they are difficult to find, and almost impossible to find during snowstorms.
Food type: Meat
Favored by: Lynx Slime

So there you have it, my take on a snow region! Sorry it took so long, I wanted to make sure I had each and every aspect of the Yukon creek exactly as I had imagined it. I hope to do mini entries on different areas in the Yukon creek from time to time, so check back from time to time. Also, be sure to keep an eye out for my next area, the Wet Reef!
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Re: The Yukon Creek (new area)

Postby Sanserino » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:49 am

Nice idea
Sanserino
Plort

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:31 pm

AaronSwase wrote:I tried the game out today and might keep playing it, so what server do you guys play on?

what do you mean. . . Server? this game isnt multiplayer.
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:22 pm

TurtleDuDe48 wrote:
AaronSwase wrote:I tried the game out today and might keep playing it, so what server do you guys play on?

what do you mean. . . Server? this game isnt multiplayer.

Smells like a spambot.
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby RowletAlex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Huh, I was spambotted. I honestly couldn't tell, just seemed like they thought that my slimes were actual slimes or something. It almost certainly is, now I look at it. They haven't responded, and the message is a few days old, same as the thread.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Return to Creative