A New Zone, Resources, Slimes, Foods and More!

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

A New Zone, Resources, Slimes, Foods and More!

Postby ZDavePlays » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Hello, My name is Dave and thanks for reading this page, it is worth your time!

At first, all of this might not make any sense, but later on this post, it will start making sense, I promise!

So, at the glass desert, somewhere hidden, there will be a Gordo, the Gordo can be any Gordo, doesn't matter the type, preferably a glass desert one since we are there.

Once you feed it and it explodes, just like normal, little ones will pop out, some crates and a key/teleporter, in this case, it will be a teleporter.

The teleporter takes you to an island, everywhere you look is ocean and you can see some terrain in the distance but you can't fly to it with a jetpack, even with 250 energy and an upgraded jetpack.

There will be a teleporter to take you back to the glass desert where the Gordo used to be, on the island, there will be a hidden green treasure pod, once you open it, you will gain an upgrade for your vacpac in the shop at your house where you can buy health upgrades, energy upgrades, etc.

This upgrade makes it so you have a chance, like a 20% chance of being able to pick up decayed food instead of pulverizing it.

When you pick up your 1st decayed food, a new discovery is made on your slimepedia on the resources section:

--------------------------

Decayed Food

''Ew, why would I want this?''

Type:
Decayed

Favored By:
Depends on the type of food. (Will make sense later!)

About:
This strange food type smells bad, this would probably kill your slimes if you feed them this! Only the nastiest slimes would like this, that type of slime surely doesn't exist, or does it?

On the ranch:
This can be obtained by waiting for food to decay and having the vacpac upgrade to pick up decayed food, once it is decayed, it will have a chance of turning into dust and giving you decaying effect and the other chance of giving it to you.

--------------------------

In there, it says that it will have a chance of turning to dust and giving you a decaying effect, that effect is like the radiation effect, if it reaches a 100, it will start killing you, the only way to get rid of that effect is by staying away from decayed food.
You may ask, what use does this have? Keep reading!

Now, back to the little island, there will be a door that needs a slime key, once it is open, a puzzle like the glass desert one, the slime temple one and the ancient waters one will appear.
Instead of slimes, it will be foods! Yes, foods!
You will need one of each:
Decayed Carrot
Decayed Oca Oca
Decayed Mint Mango
Decayed Odd Onion
Decayed Heart Beet

Just like the slime temple, you need to put these rotten foods into their corresponding food statues.

Before saying what happens when you finish it, there will also be a note from the mysterious ''H'' on that place. It will say as this:

---------------

Being here made me sick one time, I figured out it must be because of all these decayed foods!
I am warning you, going through the gate, will make you regret it and probably throw up.
Continue with your own precautions, Beatrix.

- H

---------------

Going back to the puzzle, once finished, it will open a gate, a new zone...

This zone is called the ''The Decaying Lands''
Once going inside, a new discovery will be made on your slimepedia on the world section:

------------------------
The Decaying Lands

''A nasty place for nasty things, fits perfectly...''

These lands are full of decaying things, staying inside here for a long time would probably kill you by decaying you from the inside, although, even on these death lands, life is hiding in some spots, on these spots, the decay hasn't dominated yet and you can rest there without worrying of being decayed from the inside.

------------------------

You can find normal trees but these have decayed and will only produce decayed food, same with veggies, they will only grow decayed ones. The water in there is black, if you try to fill your vacpac with it, you will have 10 seconds of decayed water, this water will kill any slime that it touches, even ranchers and tarrs, this will also decay your food. If you touch the water, you will rapidly start gaining decay effect, after 10 seconds in the water, you will start losing health until you die.

If you bring any slimes to the decaying lands, they will pop out of existence just like water slimes when they are not on the water, although, one type of slime lives on the decaying lands, the fetid slimes, fetid means stinky, you can search it on google, once you vac one of them, a new discovery will be made on the slimes sections of the slimepedia:

------------------------

Fetid Slime

''He won't clean your room, he will eat it!''

Diet:
Decayed

Favorite:
Decayed GrepaFruit

Slimeology:
This slime loves being stinky, he loves taking showers with decaying waters and absolutely hates showers with clean water or ancient water.
All the decay on its homeland made him stinky and no other slime likes hanging around him.

Rancher Risks:

Being close to this slime will give you a decaying effect, having it for too long will start to kill you, other slimes do not like hanging around him making it almost impossible for him and another slime to be in the same corral.
This slime also likes being in a stinky environment, meaning that it will die if the air is clean, be sure to take that in count when bringing him home.

Plortonomics:

Fetid plorts are not used a lot on earth due to their smell, but they do use them to prank people, making them really expensive, kids mainly buy them to make their friend's house smell bad!

------------------------

To have fetid slime on a corral, you need an upgrade:
------------------------
Stinkynator
The Stinkynator makes the air around the corral stinky for keeping slimes sensitive to clean smell
Price: 450 Newbucks
------------------------
This also needs to be fueled with rotten food in order to make the area stinky, this also means that it will give you the decaying effect when going inside, that's why you have the plort collector and the auto feeder!
It will use 1 rotten food each 2 game hours aka 2 minutes

Going back to the decaying lands, there are safe spots where the decay hasn't dominated yet, their size is about the same as the overgrowth ranch expansion, inside here, the grass is green, unlike the decayed grass that is a grayish color, you will also loose decay inside these safe spots and you can find 2 new slimes, 1 new fruit, 1 new veggie, and 1 new chicken type.

Let's start by the 2 new slimes:

-------------------------
Melancholy Slime

''Maybe a little music will cheer him up''

Diet:
Veggies

Favorite:
Cabbega

Slimeology:
This slime always seems sad and won't produce any plorts unless he is happy, playing some music seems to help.

Plortonomics:
The plorts are used to bring sadness to people, although this is horrible, it is useful in movie making for actors to act more real.
This slime will only produce plorts if the corral it is in has the Music Box upgrade, it's the only way to cheer him up.

The other slime is:

Vulctume

''He stalks its prey from above and strikes!''

Diet:
Meat

Favorite:
Ill Hen

Slimeology:
This slime likes to hunt for weak prey, as its really weak, he flyes to look for prey and once he finds one he strikes it.

Plortonomics:
Its plorts are really useful for trap making, as it has quick reflects and catches anything, on earth they use these for upgraded bear traps.

This slime is like a vulcture, he flyes, so a roof is recommended.

Now, time for the foods:

GrepaFruit

''So spherical that are confused by giant marvels.''

Type:
Fruit

Favored by:
Fetid Slime (Only if rotten)

About:
This fruit grows in trees and is really easy to collect, it's homeland is the decayed lands but only grows in safe spots.

On the ranch:
Deposit a GrepaFruit into a garden's depositor and you'll grow a large grepafruit tree of your very own. This tree will last for several harvests.

The other one is a veggie:

Cabbega

''Are you sure it's not a pile of leafs?''

Type:
Veggie

Favored by:
Melancholy Slime

About:
This can sometimes be confused by leafs, but it isn't!

On the ranch:
Deposit a Cabbega into a garden's depositor and you'll have a large Cabbega crop of your very own. This crop will last for several harvests.
The next ones are the hen and the chicks
Ill Hen

''She is a little ill''

Type:
Meat

Favored by:
Vulctume Slime

About:
This poor hen lives ill and will forever live ill since she grew up in a contaminated place.

On the ranch:
Ill hens in close proximity to roostros will periodically lay eggs that produce Ill chickadoos. However, keeping too many hens or roostros in close proximity makes them anxious and egg production will come to halt. Savvy ranchers with an understanding of the complex nature of chicken romance always keep their coops from exceeding 12 grown chickens.
And the chickadoo:
Ill Chickadoos

''Poor baby, ill for his entire life!''

Type:
Future Meat

About:
This poor baby is ill due to its homeland sickness, once it grows up, only the most evil slime would dare to eat a poor ill hen.

On the ranch:
Keep Ill Chickadoos in a safe place and they'll eventually grow into an Ill Hen or Roostro.

There is also 3 new resources for slime Science that can be obtained on the decayed lands:

Decayed Rock

''Seems broken from the inside''

Type:
Slime Science Material

Favored by:
(not slime food)

About:
This rock could be useful for something right?

On the ranch:
Deposit Decayed rocks into the Lab's refinery where it can be used for crafting Slime Science gadgets.
The decayed rock is obtained by a drill and is a rare drop
Decayed Water

''Ew, good thing its on a bottle!''

Type:
Slime Science Material

Favored by:
(not slime food)

About:
This could be poisonous!

On the Ranch:
Deposit Decayed water into the Lab's refinery where it can be used for crafting Slime Science gadgets.

Decayed Water is a rare drop from a pump.
Decayed Honey

''Is this even useful?''

Type:
Slime Science Material

Favored by:
(not slime food)

About:
I don't think this can be eaten.

On the Ranch:
Deposit Decayed Honey into the Lab's refinery where it can be used for crafting Slime Science gadgets.

Decayed Honey is a rare drop from an apiary.

Thanks for reading! I hope this makes it into the game and you can change ANYTHING you want!

-Dave
ZDavePlays
Plort

Re: A New Zone, Resources, Slimes, Foods and More!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Nice idea!
Welcome to the forums.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Sorry to be harsh, but I just don't think this fits with SR's style. None the less, good ideas overall.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby ZDavePlays » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm

at the end, i was getting tired and didnt think much, thats why it looks bad at the ending and cool at the begining, sorry for that :/
ZDavePlays
Plort

Return to Creative