Post-1.0 ideas

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Post-1.0 ideas

Postby RowletAlex » Fri May 26, 2017 12:20 pm

So I just spontaneously had a bunch of ideas for stuff that would be fun, but would probably only be added after 1.0, which I would actually prefer, since most of these are just things that would be cool, not absolutely necessary things.

1. Slime creator.
This could be a separate piece of software than slime rancher itself, but it would allow one to use a basic slime model (pink, mosaic, and puddle) choose it's color and patterns, and optionally add add-ons, like rock slime spikes and dervish slime rings. Then you could specify the slimes ability (probably one that is already used by an existing slime unless you wanna code it yourself), favorite food, diet, plorts, and slimepedia entry, and where it spawns. These slimes can be uploaded to the workshop for others to enjoy.

2. Third person.
This would only be unlocked after the story is completed, because it would possibly take away from the story if you could already see the character from the beginning of the game.

3. Additional zones off the coast.
This is pretty self explanatory, and could possibly be limited to DLC. Either way, there's no way that were on the only continent in the game, and it would be cool to explore others.

4. More water slimes.
I, and many others, would like to see more slimes that live in water, whether on the surface, like puddles, or completely submerged, requiring an aquarium plot which could simply be a remodeled pond.

5. Deep cave systems.
I have ideas for this myself, but I thought it might be cool if each zone had an underground beneath it, with its own unique slimes, that require the solar shield in most cases.

More game modes.
5-day rush is cool, but I want to see more different game modes, like maybe a tower defense themed one where tarr invade every night.

If you have your own ideas for post 1.0 features, put them here.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Re: Post-1.0 ideas

Postby RowletAlex » Fri May 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Oh,and I forgot to mention this quality of life addition:

More types of veggies and fruits.
This probably isn't what you would expect from it's title.
What I actually mean is, I want more types of things fruits and veggies to grow on. Veggies are pretty fine, since they're all root tubers, so them growing out of the ground is reasonable (unless the devs want the odd onions to be REALLY odd and grow on stalks like Brussels sprouts) but the fruits should get better plants. Mint mangoes should stay the way they are, but things like cuberries, which are supposed to be strawberries, should be changed. Strawberries grow on small bushes near the ground, and so it would make more sense if they grew in several patches per plot that yielded 1-3 cuberries for each plant.
I'm not sure about pogofruit, but they at least need a better, less generic tree to grow on.
Mint mangoes are great, but maybe change the leaf color a tiny bit so they look a bit greener.
Phase lemons definitely need a new tree that doesn't give me headaches to look at, and that looks more weird and ailen, but still like a regular tree.
Prickle pears should obviously grow on cactuses, but these should resemble dragon fruit cacti, which look somewhat tree like, and have interesting branch patterns that would look much better than regular old prickly pear or the generic saguaro (stereotypical cartoon cactus) This should also be kept in mind for any other future fruit the devs plan to add someday.

And one more thing: vegetables are leaves, stems or roots of a plant that are eaten. Fruits are any fleshy body descended from flowers that contain seeds (except figs and a few other bizarre fruits) Also, a beauty pass on older slimes like pinks would be cool to make them look more transparent or something.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri May 26, 2017 1:24 pm

I love the idea of the slime creator!
Third person mode is great too.
I'm against having this kind of stuff in DLCs, I'd rather have it in an update.
More water slimes would be nice.
As for the cave systems, I wonder if that wouldn't perhaps be too hard to make without overhauling the areas, due to how the world geometry is set up.
More game modes have been confirmed to be coming.
Eh, atleast it's better now than how it was before, with every fruit growing on the same looking tree. Although I agree that this could be made to look better.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 am

Just wanted to point out that
1. Pogofruit are meant to be the most generic, boring fruits ever
2. Pears don't grow on cacti. They grow from trees and assuming prickle pears are cacti because they have spikes is quite limiting.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby RowletAlex » Tue May 30, 2017 12:19 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Just wanted to point out that
1. Pogofruit are meant to be the most generic, boring fruits ever
2. Pears don't grow on cacti. They grow from trees and assuming prickle pears are cacti because they have spikes is quite limiting.

Well, the Prickle Pear is obviously based off the Prickly Pear cactus, which has edible fruit. Plus, they're native to the glass desert, and cacti are adapted for dry environments like deserts. You do have a good point about pogofruit, though.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby RowletAlex » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Welp, the Prickle pear does have a tree-like tree, but it does have a desert suited appearance, at least. I actually already unable to play the update at the moment because I'm on vacation in Hawaii, and just writing this from my phone, but that isn't anything to complain about (it's absolutely gorgeous, and there are feral chickens literally everywhere)
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 pm

RowletAlex wrote:1. Slime creator.

2. Third person.

3. Additional zones off the coast.

4. More water slimes.

5. Deep cave systems.

6. More game modes.

1.Also requested that just some months before, I like it.
2.Not a bad Idea.
3.No, DLC'S no.
4.They're supposed to be Rare, but I there aren't Puddle Slimes on Glass Desert, or at least I haven't found one
5.Ermmm...no?
6.That's actually coming, or at least probably.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Return to Creative