[Slime Suggestion] Carrot Slimes

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

[Slime Suggestion] Carrot Slimes

Postby Cherriey » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Between myself and TheMageOfMist we've come up with this adorable veggie based slime. Enjoy! -Art and Slimepedia entry done by TheMageOfMist.-

Plorts starting value: n25

Rarity: Rare, can be rarely found in wild carrot patches outside the ranch. Don't expect to find wild carrot slimes in the Overgrowth area, even if it'd be a pleasant surprise.

Carrot Slime
"In a corral, it's a rancher's best friend."
Diet: Vegetables + Sunlight

Favorite: Carrots

Slimeology:
A rare and unusual slime that loves carrots so much that it has taken on some aspects of their physical attributes like the plump orange body and jaunty green top. It is quite shy and can usually be found hiding under the ground, camouflaging among their favourite food during the day.

From the leaves of the many carrots they eat, chlorophyll is gathered and transported to the 'leaves' atop of their heads, allowing them to photosynthesize during the day and not need to leave their snug little burrows, keeping these shy slimes content below the soft ground. However at night, they will be forced to surface in order to eat, thankfully for them, they are almost always next to their favourite food!

Rancher Risks:
There is not much threatening about these shy and rare slimes, however their plorts are irresistible to slimes that have vegetables in their diets, leading to unintended Largo creation and...

Plortonomics:
Since these slimes practically live off carrots, their plorts are used to aid in night vision for those who consume them, and are used in sight enhancers for those who have poor vision. Plus the plorts go well in salad for if one doesn't have carrots available. However there is a warning, eating too many will turn you orange due to the high concentration of carotene contained in them, much like our little burrowing slime friend.
Cherriey
Rancher

Re: [Slime Suggestion] Carrot Slimes

Postby Pigcatapult » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Again, I love it and I want one and I will pet it and give it kisses and coo babytalk to it because it's just too darn cute.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby TheMageOfMist » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:02 am

Pigcatapult wrote:Again, I love it and I want one and I will pet it and give it kisses and coo babytalk to it because it's just too darn cute.

Me too. XD I'd make a free ranged ranch full of them... Except the grotto area will be full of either honey phosphors, or phosphor tabbies.
There is never too many honey tabbies.
TheMageOfMist
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:05 am

Pigcatapult wrote:Again, I love it and I want one and I will pet it and give it kisses and coo babytalk to it because it's just too darn cute.

But will you call it George?
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:16 am

CrazeePi wrote:

But will you call it George?

Hopefully not? I don't want to kill it. :P
Last edited by Pigcatapult on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby skydart » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Just when you start to think, all these slimes just can't get more cute - then you hit this thread.... I just WANT these :)

And we just need pet-slimes at one point or another. With name tags to call them George or something... :)
skydart
Rancher

Postby TheMageOfMist » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:05 pm

*Bumps* ^^
TheMageOfMist
Rancher

Postby glinkBobby » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:30 am

So would it have a pointed bottom? Would you need a special corral to contain it? Would you need a corral at all? Maybe keep them in a garden. What would their largos look like? Would they wilt if kept in the dark?
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Postby TheMageOfMist » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:39 am

glinkBobby wrote:So would it have a pointed bottom? Would you need a special corral to contain it? Would you need a corral at all? Maybe keep them in a garden. What would their largos look like? Would they wilt if kept in the dark?

Well, you would be able to keep them in a corral, but they'd enjoy being in a garden plot more as they'd be closer to food when for when night falls.

During the day they hide underground with their tops just showing, and occasionally produce Plorts, but at night they will get hungry if not fed. I doubt they'd wilt, but will get very unhappy and will likely burrow away.

As for the pointed bottom... I wasn't fully sure about it. Maybe when you uproot them after they hide they do, but when they are on the surface hopping about, they are the regular round slime shape.

And for what the largos look like, if they can make Largos, they'd likely have the dominant colour. If you mixed a Carrot with a Tabby, it would be orange with the faint lines, have the green top, and likely green tabby ears and tail... And take on the :3 expression Tabbies have.

Phosphor Carrot Largos will likely need to be fed more than a usual slime Largo, as they cannot photosynthesize, making them more harder to keep as they will try and burrow away if they get too hungry and unhappy.
TheMageOfMist
Rancher

Return to Creative