New Area Idea - Puddle Plateau

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

New Area Idea - Puddle Plateau

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

The Puddle Plateau would be a large Plateau most likely way off in the Slime Sea. I would locate it somewhere around here:

The area would be a gigantic pool in the middle of a plateau, similar to a volcano, but the water would be on the top instead of deep inside. Puddle Slimes and Coral Slimes (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3944&p=31295#p31295) would be extremely common there, and Pink Slimes, Tabby Slimes, and Rock Slimes.
There would be a sub-area, similar to the Volcanic Isle in the Quarry, named the Slime Falls. The Slime Falls would be a huge waterfall with water from the Slime Sea coming from it, with a large chunk of rock surrounding it. It would inhabit the same Slimes, but would include the Rad Slime with it.
On the actual Puddle Plateau, there would be a giant Puddle Gordo tucked away inside a cave tunnel way beneath the giant pool in the middle of the plateau. There would be tunnels and caves inside the pool, similar to Clanker's Cavern in Banjo Kazooie. The tunnels would work similar to how the Ancient Ruins work with all those tunnels, just without the gates. It would be best explored with an enhancement to the Vac-Pak (I think that's how you spell it) where you could swim more easily in water, so instead of just sinking down you float when you don't move. When you look down and move forward, you would move down, and vice-versa Holding jump would allow you to get out of the water more easily.
The second Gordo would be located in the Slime Falls, on the top of the waterfall in a cave. The Gordo would be a Coral Slime that produces the waterfall (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3944&p=31295#p31295) The cave would be accessed by going up a long set of winding stairs made of rock.
Last edited by ThunderstruckHR on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Re: New Area Idea - Puddle Plateau

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Also, sorry for the outdated map, but I think you get the general idea.
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Nice idea, but why are honey slimes here?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:13 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice idea, but why are honey slimes here?

Honey is kinda liquid-y,
Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Same reason as why Boom Slimes are in the Moss Blanket, I would think. But I'll change the Honey Slime to Tabby Slime, as I will agree Honey Slimes probably wouldn't fit as well.
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:50 am

ThunderstruckHR wrote:

Same reason as why Boom Slimes are in the Moss Blanket, I would think. But I'll change the Honey Slime to Tabby Slime, as I will agree Honey Slimes probably wouldn't fit as well.

Boom Slimes are in the Moss Blanket because:
Briar Delicatessens.
The Moss Blanket is wild.
They're probably secretly in love with Hunter Slimes.
Also, why Honey Slimes can't have a bath, I never saw a Honey having a swim(But there's a zone where there is water and Honey Slimes)
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:41 pm

The main reason why I would agree with removing honeys is because honeys and booms are meant to be exclusive to their areas, just like crystals.

Quick question: why is this area survivable unlike the rest of the slime sea? Is it something to do with the volcano?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:30 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:The main reason why I would agree with removing honeys is because honeys and booms are meant to be exclusive to their areas, just like crystals.

Quick question: why is this area survivable unlike the rest of the slime sea? Is it something to do with the volcano?

To answer your question, the water in this area is survivable just like how the water everywhere else is clean. There wasn't a volcano that caused the plateau or anything, I was mainly using the volcano as a way to explain how the plateau would look.
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:15 am

ThunderstruckHR wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:The main reason why I would agree with removing honeys is because honeys and booms are meant to be exclusive to their areas, just like crystals.

To answer your question, the water in this area is survivable just like how the water everywhere else is clean. There wasn't a volcano that caused the plateau or anything, I was mainly using the volcano as a way to explain how the plateau would look.

But it's in the slime sea.. it would be nice for it to have some explanation..
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:08 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
ThunderstruckHR wrote:

But it's in the slime sea.. it would be nice for it to have some explanation..

Here's a sketch for explanation...
The Puddle Plateau is on a plateau in the middle of the Slime Sea. It's jutting out of it, like an island, as I said. The water in the plateau is clean, similarly to how the water in the Moss Blanket is, even though the island is located in the Slime Sea.
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Postby Twerps3 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:39 pm

cool idea!
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Return to Creative