Slime Lab Idea

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Slime Lab Idea

Postby EddyNeave » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello, i'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I hope this is going to the right place.
I thought i'd write this about what i'd like to see in the Slime Lab in the game.

I would love for there to be a way to "genetically engineer","modify","create" etc your own slimes. I was thinking of for example you place a slime in a device to save it's "features" which can then be used in a gui to create a unique slime using parts from any saved slime. For example you could create a slime with a honey slimes head piece, a crystal slimes spikes, a hunter slimes tail all with the colour of a boom slime.

Which plorts these would drop i'm not sure maybe you could choose 2 or even 3 of the slimes used in it's creation or maybe it would drop 2 or 3 of the slimes at random or have a 3 slime piece limit to the creation and make them drop 3 slimes. Obviously these would required resources to create a single slime which i would guess would be 1 plort from each of the slimes used to create it and some money to run the device.

I see a few things wrong with the idea but pick and choose bits and use the ideas as your own or build on them, i'm not fussy.

I would also like to see this whole "build zones" for the lab able to hold corrals and gardens etc... i think it would be great to go out to the overgrowth and hold some slimes there with their favourite food.

Thanks for reading and feel free to use, modify or copy any ideas in this post :)
EddyNeave
Plort

Re: Slime Lab Idea

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:21 pm

Welcome to the forums! This is a good place to post this in, although I'd think that having this in General Discussion subforum would be also good.

That idea is great, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be easy to do by the devs.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PhospherTabbyLargo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Although the post above mine is correct, this would be hard to code in, this is still a very well made idea. And if there was ever a way to send other ranchers slime, I'd definitely send them a slime with the Explosive properties of a boom, feralness of a hunter, spiked path-leaving-ness of a crystal slime, rad ora of a rad slime, but the cute looks of a Honey Tabby Largo.

(I am evil)
I swear I don't talk so formal in life

I'll leave now...

-----------------------------------------------
Profile Pic Created By Cookid123
PhospherTabbyLargo
Rancher

Location: The Mossy Blanket's Very Own Hunter Isle. (Real Place)

Postby catmanthecatking » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:24 pm

good idea but a bit over powered
I'm working on a game where you can go to other dimensions. I will be adding updates to this list on my youtube which i will add the link.... one day
catmanthecatking
Rancher

Return to Creative