Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:38 pm

YongYoKyo wrote:The Boom Slimes has a scientific (even if it's unrealistic) explanation behind their explosions. No magic or spirits involved.

Your post said that Ghostly Slimes cannot become Ghostly Largos, but other types of Slimes can eat Ghostly plorts to become Ghostly Largos. A Ghostly Largo would have both the Plort-diet of the Ghostly Slime and the regular diet of the other Slime, and that would conflict with how Largos can eat plorts to become Tarrs.

Edit: Also, both component Slimes should have the potential to become a Largo. One shouldn't be able to become one while the other can't. Ghostly Slimes should be treated like Puddle Slimes; just like how they can't become Largos, other Slimes shouldn't be able to become Ghostly Largos.


The reason I did the other slimes can become ghostly largos is because that they would lose the plort diet, and will just instead adapt that of the other slimes. (I should probably clear that up in the post.)

If there can be a slime that becomes a zombie by eating another slimes crap, then we're stepping out of science, and into fantasy. And who's to say ghosts are fantasies? Do you know for sure ghosts do not exist, I personally don't believe in them, but I do like the idea, hell, we could just make it scientific by saying its just a tarr body reformed as a slime through decomposition of water. Boom, but we don't need that, but I will add it to the post cus it sounds cool.
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby IceThatsCool » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:43 pm

I like it, but they look too much like Tarr.
This biggest fans of Pink Slime would of course be McDonalds.
User avatar
IceThatsCool
Rancher
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:47 am

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby irdog » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Noice plus the i think the ghostly largos should eat Tarr
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
User avatar
irdog
Rancher
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:50 am
Location: In a movie theater near you!

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:50 pm

irdog wrote:Noice plus the i think the ghostly largos should eat Tarr


Direct counters to the only real threat to your ranch is kinda op.

They also are just decomposed Tarr, why would they attack the Tarr?
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:51 pm

IceThatsCool wrote:I like it, but they look too much like Tarr.


It's kinda the point :P
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby irdog » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:03 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
irdog wrote:Noice plus the i think the ghostly largos should eat Tarr


Direct counters to the only real threat to your ranch is kinda op.

They also are just decomposed Tarr, why would they attack the Tarr?

i know but they would be Uber rare and really cool
Also, they are born from Tarr and hate them because it abandon them as a young Tarr
Last edited by irdog on Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
User avatar
irdog
Rancher
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:50 am
Location: In a movie theater near you!

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby YongYoKyo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Tarrs aren't zombies in the first place (and zombies don't have to be magic. When was Resident Evil considered a fantasy magic game?). It can be assumed that Tarrs form because Slimes cannot handle having 3 different abilities in a single body and become unstable (and it would render Pink Slimes useless if you could combine 3 Slimes together to form a triple Largo that eats Meat, Veggies, and Fruits).

Removing the Plort-only diet of a Ghostly Largo would go against how Largos function in the first place. Largos combine the abilities and diet of the two Slimes. It would remove a large aspect of the Ghostly Slime from the Largo if you remove its diet. The main issue is that its diet is too unique to become a Largo, just like the Puddle Slime.

It would also make it overpowered; you no longer need to sacrifice valuable plorts in order to create a $75+ plort. You could produce $150+ Newbucks just by feeding a Ghostly Rock Largo with a Heart Beet. But if you balance it out by reducing the price of Ghostly plorts, then the regular Ghostly Slime would become too useless.

Technically all Slimes could be considered "Ghostly Slimes," because apparently all Slimes/Largos/Tarrs that "die" in the Slime Sea are reconstructed into regular Slimes and pop out into the Far, Far Range (I'll need to re-read the Slimeopedia entry of the Slime Sea to make sure).
YongYoKyo
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby IceThatsCool » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:20 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
IceThatsCool wrote:I like it, but they look too much like Tarr.


It's kinda the point :P

I don't want to be throwing a ghost slime in the water instead of a tarr >:(
This biggest fans of Pink Slime would of course be McDonalds.
User avatar
IceThatsCool
Rancher
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:47 am

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:29 pm

IceThatsCool wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:
IceThatsCool wrote:I like it, but they look too much like Tarr.


It's kinda the point :P

I don't want to be throwing a ghost slime in the water instead of a tarr >:(


They are way smaller lol.
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:30 pm

YongYoKyo wrote:Tarrs aren't zombies in the first place (and zombies don't have to be magic. When was Resident Evil considered a fantasy magic game?). It can be assumed that Tarrs form because Slimes cannot handle having 3 different abilities in a single body and become unstable (and it would render Pink Slimes useless if you could combine 3 Slimes together to form a triple Largo that eats Meat, Veggies, and Fruits).

Removing the Plort-only diet of a Ghostly Largo would go against how Largos function in the first place. Largos combine the abilities and diet of the two Slimes. It would remove a large aspect of the Ghostly Slime from the Largo if you remove its diet. The main issue is that its diet is too unique to become a Largo, just like the Puddle Slime.

It would also make it overpowered; you no longer need to sacrifice valuable plorts in order to create a $75+ plort. You could produce $150+ Newbucks just by feeding a Ghostly Rock Largo with a Heart Beet. But if you balance it out by reducing the price of Ghostly plorts, then the regular Ghostly Slime would become too useless.

Technically all Slimes could be considered "Ghostly Slimes," because apparently all Slimes/Largos/Tarrs that "die" in the Slime Sea are reconstructed into regular Slimes and pop out into the Far, Far Range (I'll need to re-read the Slimeopedia entry of the Slime Sea to make sure).


Fair point.
User avatar
DeltaStorm
Rancher
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am
Location: Looking for the Rad Slime under the Truck.

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 am

I drew a version of your slimes! Feel free to do what you want with it!

If you want it I've got a much bigger version of this image... Just PM me to get it!

I also put them in my own forum thread!

Here they are:
Image
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!


Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
User avatar
Hachiseiko
Keeper
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:38 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby TheMageOfMist » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:10 am

Hachiseiko wrote:I drew a version of your slimes! Feel free to do what you want with it!

If you want it I've got a much bigger version of this image... Just PM me to get it!

I also put them in my own forum thread!

Here they are:
Image


They are adorable and spooky! ^^
There is never too many honey tabbies.
User avatar
TheMageOfMist
Rancher
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:02 am

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby Hypsellis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Oh they are so cute. I really love the idea of gentle and soft tarrs. I hope that they will be included in the game one day. :)
User avatar
Hypsellis
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby alphayoshi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:12 am

DeltaStorm wrote:
The scientist is not good with names.



Is that an Undertale reference I see? Other than that, I love these, I'll probably have a bunch of them in my corrals if they get implemented :D
alphayoshi
Plort
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:53 am

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby Santibro » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:28 pm

I used your post as a base for my slime, because i found it really complete, check it out maybe? http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=737
User avatar
Santibro
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Idea for a new type of Nocturnal slime.

Postby MaxSlimeRocks517 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:12 am

LOVE it
User avatar
MaxSlimeRocks517
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:36 am

Previous

Return to Creative

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron