Tabby slime cutout

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Tabby slime cutout

Postby leingen » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 am

I recorded a short video focusing on a tabby slime and cut every frame to obtain this

Sadly the avatar size limit is 19kb so i had to greatly reduce the quality and frames to be able to add it to my avatar. Still pretty cute :3
leingen
Plort

Re: Tabby slime cutout

Postby leingen » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 am

Plumpette wrote:Hello leingen! Welcome to the forums. :)

This is really, really cool! May I ask what tools you used to make this?

no problem.

First I recorded gameplay from slime rancher using the tool shadowplay, but you can use any screen recorder. It's important to put the slime or thing that you want to cut out in a background with 1 colour and this coulour has to be as different as you can from the thing you want to cut. For example, i put the tabby slime in the top of the walls that sorround the player home which colour is orange and differs greatly from the grey of the tabby slime.

Then I opened the video with photoshop CC 2015 and automatically it opens it with the video editor window in phososhop which is very simple but enought for this. First I deleted the parts of the video that i wasn't interested and then patiently deleted the background on every frame of the video I had. finally, I exported the result to gif.

It isn't hard, just time consuming. I'm sure there are better tools for this but this ones are the ones I know.

*Obligatory sorry for my english, i'm self taught and I may say things wrongly*
leingen
Plort

Return to Creative