Problems With Drones Unloading Plorts From Silos

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Problems With Drones Unloading Plorts From Silos

Postby AngelNightwing » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:49 pm

My drones don't unload plorts from silos at the speed I have seen in the past. Instead of taking them out in bulk like they will do for me from plort collectors, they take the plorts out one by one, making it take them hours in-game to even get 50 out. This is a problem for when I'm trying to sell off all my plorts in one day when the prices are at their highest. So far to try and fix it I have tried:
Resetting the drones
Refilling their water tanks
Shooting the drones themselves with water
Removing and replacing the drones
Removing and replacing the market links they are set to send to
None of it has worked. I have no idea if anyone else has had this problem as its a first time for me and I haven't seen anyone else posting anything about it. If anyone knows about this and how to fix it, please tell me as it is ruining the automation part of the game for me.
AngelNightwing
Plort

Re: Problems With Drones Unloading Plorts From Silos

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:34 pm

I don't know about you, but for me, it has never sucked up in bulk. Unless you are using mods, I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen. Not entirely sure, though.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby AngelNightwing » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Lionmeow wrote:I don't know about you, but for me, it has never sucked up in bulk. Unless you are using mods, I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen. Not entirely sure, though.

When I first unlocked them they did it in bulk. I can remember setting them all to sell from silos earlier in my playthrough and they did it in bulk.
AngelNightwing
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:29 am

Question. Do any of your silo slots have less than 50 items?
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby AngelNightwing » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:44 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Question. Do any of your silo slots have less than 50 items?

The entire silo itself, no. Some slots in it, yes. I don’t think those slots were selected, however that wasn’t a problem in the past.
AngelNightwing
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:56 am

AngelNightwing wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:Question. Do any of your silo slots have less than 50 items?

The entire silo itself, no. Some slots in it, yes. I don’t think those slots were selected, however that wasn’t a problem in the past.

there were reported cases where the extraction from silos was equal to the smallest value between the drone's open storage and every individual slot of the silo. ie, if 1 slot was at 250, another at 5 and then drones were at 50 open spots capacity, they would only take 5 at a time regardless of if taking from the 250 or not.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby AngelNightwing » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
AngelNightwing wrote:

there were reported cases where the extraction from silos was equal to the smallest value between the drone's open storage and every individual slot of the silo. ie, if 1 slot was at 250, another at 5 and then drones were at 50 open spots capacity, they would only take 5 at a time regardless of if taking from the 250 or not.

The silos are almost completely full and the lowest slot is at least 200. I’m not 100% sure of this as of right now and I won’t be able to check until tomorrow, but this information does seem like it could help me out a lot!
AngelNightwing
Plort

Postby AngelNightwing » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
AngelNightwing wrote:

This fixed it!!! The silos did have some slots with only 1 in them, after removing those they went back to normal! Thank you so much!!!!
AngelNightwing
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:53 am

Happy I could help.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Technical Support