Transfered .sav files

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Transfered .sav files

Postby jpthedad » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:52 am

So my kiddo deleted his game. We had used it on both computers in our house and he had/has saved files on the other computer. I attempted to take the files from the other unit and transfer to his main. However when i place the files in the folder they disappear every time i open the game in an attempt to open his old saved games.

please help
jpthedad
Plort

Re: Transfered .sav files

Postby Calydor » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:52 am

Are you able to sync the computer where they work to the Steam Cloud, then grab them from there on the machine where he deleted them? Would that work?
Calydor
Rancher

Re: Transfered .sav files

Postby Lionmeow » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Is your game on steam? If it is, go into Library, right click Slime Rancher, and click Properties. Go to the "Updates" tab, and uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Slime Rancher". Then put the files in, and see if that works. If it does, re-enable "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Slime Rancher", and you can use the file with both computers again.

If "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Slime Rancher" is already unchecked, then check it. Make sure you do this on the computer that already has the file on it.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Return to Technical Support