Screen burn in

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Screen burn in

Postby Zelyais » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:45 am

While not quite an Technical Issue, more a Suggestion, I assume this is best put here.

Just bought this wonderful Game a few Days back on PS4, and had a Blast with it, hope you keep continuing it for a long Time <3

But due to the excessive Playtime I ragged up, I know find myself with the Problem, that Parts of the VAC-Tool Boxes (The 5 Boxes were Stuff is shown + Water) are burned into my TV, so I would like to make the Suggestion, to add different colors for them, or make them change color depending on the Time of Day, since the pure white is a very aggressive color, especially due to the Static/always shown nature of the Vac-Tool Boxes.

I understand that this Problem might be partially based of the age of my TV, but if you would consider changing it up a bit that would be appreciated.

(Maybe make the Box color based on the Vac-Tool's Chroma?)
Last edited by Zelyais on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zelyais
Plort

Re: Screen burn in

Postby Jeb » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:59 am

Zelyais wrote:I understand that this Problem might be partially based of the age of my TV, but if you would consider changing it up a bit that would be appreciated.

I'm not discrediting what you're saying happened to you, but no one else (that I'm aware of) has mentioned this issue before. It's almost assuredly related/isolated to your TV, and not an issue with Slime Rancher.

I work for a major OEM, and deal with our engineering teams daily, and for one person with aged hardware to report a problem like this, there wouldn't be a business case to make the changes as you've asked. I'll admit, my work is with hardware and firmware/drivers, not software like games, so defining "business case" in this instance will be different, and you may have a positive response from Monomi Park.

While it sucks to hear, that's how things happen with technology. I can't speak for Monomi Park, and things are different with software development, but what you're asking for is likely not going to happen.

Your TV manufacturer may have recommendations for correcting and lessening/preventing this issue from occurring again. I'd also recommend reaching out to Monomi Park directly at support@monomipark.com. I hope you find a workable solution though.
Jeb
Rancher

Re: Screen burn in

Postby Calydor » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:08 pm

This is honestly a very rare case related to the fact that you (most likely) use a very old TV. LCD and LED monitors/screens do not suffer screen burn-in.
Calydor
Rancher

Return to Technical Support