Flickering Shadows

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Flickering Shadows

Postby Marvealle » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:49 am

I quickly looked around to make sure no one else has reported this issue, but if someone did and I missed it, I apologize.

Anyways, similar to the flickering foliage, I have been having flickering shadows. It usually happens when I first load up my game and one of my files, and it will do it for about 30 seconds to a minute but eventually stops on its own. I tried to see if I could capture a gif of it, but it doesn't show up in a gif.

Is this a game bug? Or could it be something with my computer or something?
Marvealle
Chickadoo

Re: Flickering Shadows

Postby Heather » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us
Although it may be unrelated, please try and update your graphics card drivers.
Nvidia
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
or AMD
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Let us know if that helps
Heather
Admin

Re: Flickering Shadows

Postby Marvealle » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:36 pm

I went ahead and updated, even double checked to make sure everything was updated. After that I tried tweaking around with the game's graphics settings, like changing the shadows settings to lower quality. It seems that on medium quality, the shadows flicker for a while then disappear, and on lower quality they sort of flicker once or twice and do the same. I've even tried changing the overall game quality to the lower preset settings and they do the same.

I'm willing to bet it might be something on my computer then, possibly with my graphics capabilities, I might tweak around some more to maybe be able to pinpoint it a bit better. Thanks for the suggestion and the links.
Marvealle
Chickadoo

Return to Technical Support