PS4 DLC doesn't seem to be working for me

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

PS4 DLC doesn't seem to be working for me

Postby GravityCat » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:55 am

I downloaded the Heroic Playset add-on for the PS4 Edition of Slime Rancher, but none of the content is appearing in-game.

Allegedly the Xbox edition of the game converts to Update 1.3.0b-oc1 when installing the add-on. If this happens with the PS4 edition, mine hasn't done that.

I've done the usual basic troubleshooting by reinstalling the game and checking for updates, but no dice.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Re: PS4 DLC doesn't seem to be working for me

Postby Jeb » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:27 am

Version 1.3.0b-oc1 did not include the DLC content. It updated the game to support the DLC content, but we still had to install it from the Xbox Store. I'd imagine it would work the same way for PS4.

Once you have the DLC downloaded, you have to go to the Lab to fabricate the Heroic costume or the Slime Toy station to make the toy.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:40 am

Jeb wrote:Once you have the DLC downloaded, you have to go to the Lab to fabricate the Heroic costume or the Slime Toy station to make the toy.

I know, but they're not there. The Chroma Pack also isn't at the Chroma Pack station. If it was that simple I wouldn't have made a thread about it.

If the game was updated independant of the DLC, then I guess it's just not out yet for the PS4 editions. Weird that the add-on is on the PS Store though.
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Maria » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Hey GravityCat!

Sorry for the issues here - I see you list your location as "England". After some checking it looks like you're "just" a victim of unfortunate timing. The necessary patch to be able to actually take advantage of the DLC ingame doesn't seem to be available yet.
For the time being, keep an eye out for an update and should you be unable to make use of the DLC by tomorrow, please be sure to let us know.
Again, apologies for the confusion. The timing of platforms is a beast of its own.
Maria
Admin

Postby GravityCat » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm

Maria wrote:Hey GravityCat!

Sorry for the issues here - I see you list your location as "England". After some checking it looks like you're "just" a victim of unfortunate timing. The necessary patch to be able to actually take advantage of the DLC ingame doesn't seem to be available yet.
For the time being, keep an eye out for an update and should you be unable to make use of the DLC by tomorrow, please be sure to let us know.
Again, apologies for the confusion. The timing of platforms is a beast of its own.

Understandable, had a feeling it may have just been a case of bad timing.

Thank you for clarifying. I'll keep an eye out.

Edit: Update's out. All is good here now.
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Jeb » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:56 pm

orempswenel wrote:please read this. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9022

I told you in your own thread to reach out to YouTube about this, even providing you with a link that has instructions. Your complaints seemingly have nothing to do with Slime Rancher or this community, and is outside our control to address. You need to go through the proper channels to get help, not spam the forums with unrelated information.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm

orempswenel wrote:please read this.

Don't spam.
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Return to Technical Support