My Honey Booms Just, detonated.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

My Honey Booms Just, detonated.

Postby VileOnyx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Ok, so I was farming Honey Boom largos for tons of cash, then I paused the game to get some food. When I came back and unpaused, every largo boomed at once, and they just disappeared. I had the full setup and everything, high walls, net, music. I don't understand how they just went *poof* like that.
VileOnyx
Plort

Re: My Honey Booms Just, detonated.

Postby imaginamagica » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Sounds like a physics bug. How many were in the pen? The net eventually disappears for a short time if it takes too many hits, so if that got taken down then there would have been nothing stopping them from flying up into space.
Just your friendly neighborhood game designer.
imaginamagica
Rancher

Postby imaginamagica » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Actually I just remembered a case on another post.

AliciaJewel wrote:Did you pause at all while doing this? There's possibly a bug that causes the physics to, for lack of a better term, explode if you pause for too long and then unpause while a slime is on top of an object. This has caused many of my plorts, foodstuffs, and even slimes to be flung out of fully upgraded pens.
imaginamagica
Rancher

Postby AliciaJewel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:49 am

Hey, I got quoted! :D

But yes, I've had this happen to me quite a few times before. I'll pause the game to get a snack or something, unpause, and then witness some of my largos flying over the wall, never to be seen again.

A bit more information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=838&hilit=physics
AliciaJewel
Chickadoo

Postby VileOnyx » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:33 pm

AliciaJewel wrote:Hey, I got quoted! :D

But yes, I've had this happen to me quite a few times before. I'll pause the game to get a snack or something, unpause, and then witness some of my largos flying over the wall, never to be seen again.

A bit more information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=838&hilit=physics

That's exactly what happened. Thanks for the info. I suppose there's no fix for this though huh?
VileOnyx
Plort

Postby imaginamagica » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:51 pm

VileOnyx wrote:That's exactly what happened. Thanks for the info. I suppose there's no fix for this though huh?

For the time being.

I have a feeling they will find a way to fix it in a future update, if they can. They'll probably try, at the very least, but if they're using middleware like Unity or Unreal to develop the game then they will have to work around the pre-built physics systems (which can be a real challenge).

Here's to hoping though! :)
imaginamagica
Rancher

Return to Technical Support