Drones and Incinerators

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Drones and Incinerators

Postby TheLevens » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Just plain and simple. Drones do not know if an incinerator ash tray is full or not. It does however feed the ash tray that is the most empty if you have multiple incinerators.

But because the drone doesn’t know if the ash tray is full or not, the drone simply empties its entire bag of whatever it was carrying. Which is good if you want to just get rid of excess waste but bad if you want to effectively feed the fire slimes.

Idk just food for thought
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Re: Drones and Incinerators

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:39 pm

TheLevens wrote:Just plain and simple. Drones do not know if an incinerator ash tray is full or not. It does however feed the ash tray that is the most empty if you have multiple incinerators.

But because the drone doesn’t know if the ash tray is full or not, the drone simply empties its entire bag of whatever it was carrying. Which is good if you want to just get rid of excess waste but bad if you want to effectively feed the fire slimes.

Idk just food for thought

easy fix. more fire slimes and less incinerators
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Re: Drones and Incinerators

Postby Jeb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:04 am

I agree with TheLevens on this. Corrals have a max quantity for the auto-feeders. Surely it isn't difficult to set a max "quantity" of ash. It takes something like 5-10 food items to fill the incinerator with ash.

I find my incinerator almost empty [of ash] daily because my drones drop everything into the incinerator, then have nothing left in the garden for a second round when (not if) needed.

Yes, there's a workaround involving fewer fire slimes, but just 6 or so fire slimes leads to this issue. While the incinerator can be used for trash, it's main purpose (in my opinion) is to create ash.

I can see this working as designed as a means for destruction of excess items, but I think most people use the incinerator for the ash, not the garbage for excess food and other items.
Jeb
Rancher

Return to Technical Support