Freezing and Black Screen

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Freezing and Black Screen

Postby kralcnosidam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:40 pm

With the new update (The Automatic Update) my game now freezes for a few seconds, goes to a black screen, and goes to my desktop screen. It never did this before the update. I don't have the best computer so I have all the visual settings set to the lowest they can go. Running the game in safe mode doesn't seem to do anything different. What is happening and how can I fix it?
kralcnosidam
Plort

Re: Freezing and Black Screen

Postby BillLeBeaux » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:15 am

That's weird, by the option of launching in safe mode I'm guessing you play on Steam, what brand do you use, and what model? It could just be with the new update your computer can't handle it.
BillLeBeaux
Chickadoo

Postby kralcnosidam » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:26 am

BillLeBeaux wrote:That's weird, by the option of launching in safe mode I'm guessing you play on Steam, what brand do you use, and what model? It could just be with the new update your computer can't handle it.

I think these are my specs. I'm not super sure how to find this kind of stuff, sorry:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

After I posted my problem, I went into Slime Rancher and I found out that my game lags when the robot deposits plorts into the Plort Market and the money symbols go into my overall amount. I decided to press my windows key then click the game to open it again and I repeated this process until the robot was done putting the plorts into the Plort Market and the lag stopped. The game ran smoothly afterwards but when the robot deposits plorts it lags again. Maybe I'll just have to make it deposit them into a silo because the game can't process that many additions to my money amount at one time and it lags the system to the point of crashing. Whoopsies!
kralcnosidam
Plort

Postby Jeb » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:50 am

BillLeBeaux wrote:That's weird, by the option of launching in safe mode I'm guessing you play on Steam...

While unrelated and not important, I just bought the DRM-free version off Humble (it's on sale for those interested in the DRM-free version, or those on Xbox like me that want to play with mods), and that version also has a Safe Mode launcher, so Slime Rancher Safe Mode is an option not tied to Steam.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby DietrichBrooks » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:33 pm

When I go on to slime rancher and click start the game Loads how it's supposed to and then it freezes and makes a Weird noise and then goes black and goes back to the xbox one home screen and I tried it the next day and did the same thing please can you fix it is one of my all time favorite games in the world and I don't want to delete because I have so much time into the game can you let me know if you can fix it I would be so happy. You guys made a great game keep up the good work.
DietrichBrooks
Plort

Return to Technical Support