Drones and Auto-Feeders Bug

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Drones and Auto-Feeders Bug

Postby Ruerell » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 pm

It appears that some part of the updating when returning to a zone is screwing up occasionally.
Specifically, I've noticed that some auto feeders will stop feeding entirely upon re-entering, as though they've run out since I was last there. Removing and adding in the food item (in this case, cactus fruits), resumes the feeding. It got to be a larger and weirder problem when the backlog was too large for a single vac-tube, as I had to pile the excess food on the ground to 'reset' the auto feeder.

Whatever the reason, despite seemingly being the same behavior as before, a-la moving food from a farm to an auto-feeder and then moving on, slimes are becoming unhappy when this process is carried out by drones.

All I can conclude is that drones and auto-feeders are min-interacting in some weird way.
Ruerell
Plort

Re: Drones and Auto-Feeders Bug

Postby TheLevens » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:50 pm

I had a similar issue, whenever I entered an area “that I haven’t been in awhile” my auto feeders that are set to green will empty themselves into the coral. Green= 6 foods but it decided to shoot out 30 in my case.

I’ve also noticed my slimes aren’t as happy as they used to be last week.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby Jeb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:31 am

TheLevens wrote:I’ve also noticed my slimes aren’t as happy as they used to be last week.

This. I had several of my largos die because the auto-feeders weren't working as intended.

I also noticed my largos weren't eating. I have a screenshot on a starving largo standing on top of food.

Jeb
Rancher

Postby Jeb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:39 am

I'm still noticing issues with slimes disappearing after 1.3.0b, though I can't quite pin it down on the drones, auto-feeders, or toys yet. I'll do some testing this week and see which of the three may be causing it. Anyone else still noticing these kinds of issues after 1.3.0b?
Jeb
Rancher

Return to Technical Support