Largoes disappearing

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Largoes disappearing

Postby rabbitslime » Sun May 27, 2018 2:17 am

I had Largoes disappear from their corrals. I keep 12 largoes per type, I have pink-phosphors, pink-honeys, tabby-rads, and rock-booms. Lately I lost 2 pink-honeys, 2 rock-booms and 1 pink phosphor largoes. The total largo I have is normally smaller than the average rancher but I have more stuffed per corral. Can this be fixed? I don't want to find more slimes, especially if I ramp up to dervish, tangle and mosaic largoes. I also have 10 hunter slimes, but non of them disappeared. It gets quite annoying if a rancher looses largoes like one every in-game day.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: Largoes disappearing

Postby rabbitslime » Mon May 28, 2018 5:59 pm

It seems I loose slimes whenever I enter the Mochi Manor. I have 10 pink-dervish, 10 pink-honey, 10 boom-mosaic and 10 tangle-rad. I just lost 1 pink-honey and 2 boom-mosaic, it seems that Mochi might be a little jealous about my slimes.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:40 pm

EXACTLY! I lost about 10 slimes in total! Not that this is a horrible thing but it is really inconvenient. Also, a lot of my fellow ranchers have had this problem so it's definitely one to be looked at.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue May 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Might just be me but most people seem to express this as if nothing is being done about it, despite multiple attempts to fix it. It might be worth getting players to look into replicating it consistently if possible so we can get an idea on the cause of it.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby rabbitslime » Tue May 29, 2018 10:29 pm

It only happens when I enter Mochi's Manor, maybe minimum system requirements might have something to do with it as well. What are the minimum specs that slime rancher needs? As in all of them; can someone post a link? Maybe I could also fix my problem with the plort market, it lags whenever I try to sell 200+ plorts.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:40 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Might just be me but most people seem to express this as if nothing is being done about it, despite multiple attempts to fix it. It might be worth getting players to look into replicating it consistently if possible so we can get an idea on the cause of it.

Welp, sorry, I didn't mean to phrase it that way. It's just really annoying.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:Might just be me but most people seem to express this as if nothing is being done about it, despite multiple attempts to fix it. It might be worth getting players to look into replicating it consistently if possible so we can get an idea on the cause of it.

Welp, sorry, I didn't mean to phrase it that way. It's just really annoying.

Understandable but that comment wasn't just to you.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby rabbitslime » Thu May 31, 2018 4:18 am

Maybe for now everyone should have spare slimes to replace the lost ones. I didn't loose regular slimes. Also try to stay out of areas that can delete some slimes, like Mochi's Manor or Ogden's retreat. Maybe Mochi has a grudge on the player.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby TinySlimes » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 pm

I've been experimenting myself, and the slimes/largo-types that seem to disappear on me the most consistently are Dervish, Crystal, Tabby, and Hunter. I also lost some Tangle-Phosphor largos once. I keep all of them well-fed and check on them frequently, but if slime toys cause some sort of collision issue, I keep two in each corral so whoops?

Tabby and Hunter are probably obvious, though I only keep four per corral so I'm not sure how they manage to jump out of an air-net corral and escape without my notice. Dervish is also obvious if maybe it tornadoes out of the corral somehow.

Crystals might have to do with a combination of the largos themselves, the slime toys, and the crystals themselves causing some sort of nightmare.

The most curious case is this Crystal Tabby largo who somehow both made it out of the corral and got trapped under the ground. I can still be hurt by it and also feed it, but I can't suck it up or get it out of this situation.

Just figured I'd share this story in case it helps (I'm sure the devs are proactive in fixing this after all; they seem like wonderful people)... plus, this GIF of the Crystal Tabby in question might be amusing to some.

TinySlimes
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:36 am

If it's a tabby underground, then try to put something or stand in front of it so maybe it will boop you or it will grab that item and go above?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby TinySlimes » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Nice suggestion, though I've already done that. Luring it with myself or food does nothing, because it tries to jump but can't.

I'd make it a tarr (since it's been there for many MANY days and it bugs me), but I'm playing on Casual Mode.
TinySlimes
Rancher

Return to Technical Support