All Slimes Became Angry Upon Return (Bug?)

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

All Slimes Became Angry Upon Return (Bug?)

Postby Keasan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:02 pm

So, I've been playing the ever-loving crud out of Slime Rancher. I have multiple save files to experiment with different ranching styles and to take on various challenges that have been invented. Today, I decided to return to my first file to say hello to all my Phosphors.

I have 6 of each and every Phosphor variety inside the Grotto. I have around 10 Honey-Boom Largos free-roaming in the Range. The main ranch area is home to 10 puddles, 1 Pink-Tabby Largo and 5 Rock-Boom Largos.

When I arrived, however, I was greeted by VERY angry slimes. The Honey-Booms were fine (they can obviously feed themselves, they are free-roaming), and the puddles were content in their pond. However, all of phosphors and remaining largos were starved to rage. I know for a fact they were all completely fed before I got off the file (I feed each and every largo I own Cuberries, aside from the Honey-Booms).

To add to my problems, all of the food in my gardening areas with the Honey-Booms were gone, despite me having planted them before leaving the game for the day.

Is this normal, or is this just some really rare bug? I haven't been able to replicate it since then (and luckily I avoided the apocalypse by using the Cuberries I had stored away in my silo).
Keasan
Chickadoo

Re: All Slimes Became Angry Upon Return (Bug?)

Postby imaginamagica » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:40 pm

This isn't a game state I have experienced myself, but I would be interested in trying to replicate it to help gather info for the devs.

So I want to get a few things straight:
1) It happened in a different save file from your first.
2) All of the free-roaming slimes you had in the grotto were starving?
3) Can you clarify a bit more about how long it's been since you last played on that file? It's updated to the right version, yes?
4)What Largos specifically did you have free-roaming?
Just your friendly neighborhood game designer.
imaginamagica
Rancher

Return to Technical Support