Reproducable crash

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Reproducable crash

Postby cmtitan » Fri May 04, 2018 2:34 pm

I have managed to capture the game in a state that will crash within a minute into the save. I have both the save and several crash dumps, all of which I can PM to any developer wishing to look into them. (I have learned it's a bad idea to just publicly post this kind of information.)

I am also going to try to work around this, because I want to continue! :P
cmtitan
Plort

Re: Reproducable crash

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat May 05, 2018 1:02 pm

cmtitan wrote:(I have learned it's a bad idea to just publicly post this kind of information.)

Purely out of curiosity, why is this? I don't believe they store any private details, but perhaps I'm a little misguided.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Re: Reproducable crash

Postby cmtitan » Sat May 05, 2018 2:21 pm

I completely assume and belief they do not purposefully store sensitive data. However, being a developer myself and deep into security I know very well how easy it is to accidentally include more than you expected. Even by errors or just oversights far beyond your control. So: If I can't verify what's in there, it doesn't go public.

That said, don't let this deter you from your usual practices. "It's probably nothing" definitely applies here.

Also, healthy paranoia comes with my job ;)
cmtitan
Plort

Return to Technical Support