Has anyone else had this happen?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Has anyone else had this happen?

Postby clmurphy74 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:21 am

It seems that stony hens, hen hens and roosteros aren't staying in the coop on the main ranch. Each time I've left the ranch, then returned I've had one of the three roaming around loose. So is this a bug/glitch or is it just happening with me?
clmurphy74
Rancher

Re: Has anyone else had this happen?

Postby Maliki » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:53 am

how's the poplation of the pens?
Maliki
Rancher

Postby Heather » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:36 am

Do you have the higher walls upgrade on the coop(s)?
Heather
Admin

Postby clmurphy74 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:50 am

Not at this time Heather, and didn't consider that the hen hens and roosteros might be jumping out... ummm will try to upgrade to the higher walls and see if that solves it. Didn't know that the hen hens, Stoney hens, and roosteros could jump the fence!
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby Heather » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:05 pm

clmurphy74 wrote:Not at this time Heather, and didn't consider that the hen hens and roosteros might be jumping out... ummm will try to upgrade to the higher walls and see if that solves it. Didn't know that the hen hens, Stoney hens, and roosteros could jump the fence!

Yes I bet that will solve it! Let us know and good luck :)
Heather
Admin

Postby imaginamagica » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:03 pm

I've noticed this happen too, even with my fully upgraded coop. It seems to occur when the coop is getting full. I think what happens is that the chicks get hatched or pushed just outside the walls, and then when they grow up they start roaming around.

That, or I'm accidentally sucking them out of the chicken silo right next to it...
Just your friendly neighborhood game designer.
imaginamagica
Rancher

Postby clmurphy74 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Okay, fully upgraded my coops, still happens. Now it's happening to my corrals as well!

So, I was stocking up my Silo for the Fully Loaded achievement. Somehow 2 Mint Mango's poped out of their slot unnoticed by me either during this or after I cleaned up the Honey/Tabby Largo pen (I store any of collected food items in the silo). Meanwhile, I am picking up Mint Mango's from my Honey/Tabby Largo corral. Turned around and BAM! one was loose on the ranch. Popped 'im back into the corral and collected the plorts from the auto collector. Sold those and checked to make sure no plorts was loose on the ground. All clear. So I start to clean up the Rock/Tabby corral of excess Heart Beets. 3 of the 5 Largo's get out, and one of those goes directly for the Mint Mango, and then holy TARR! Yep, a tarr formed as soon as the Largo started to play with the Mint Mango. Got one of the other 2 back in, after shooting the Tarr into the Slime Sea, and returned to get the other one, and it got ahold of a second Mint Mango and turned into a Tarr. Dealt with that and went to check on my Phosphor Largos in the Grotto. The Tabby/Phosphor Largos where loose in the cave, while the Boom/Phosphor Largo's where happily exploding in their corral. By the time I got all 4 of the Tabby/Phosphors' into their corral, the Boom/Phosphors' where on the loose! Holy Tarr! Had to destroy one of the Cueberry tree's and purchase an incinerator, but lost 2 of my Boom/Phosphor and 3 of my Tabby/Phosphors. :(
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby AliciaJewel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Did you pause at all while doing this? There's possibly a bug that causes the physics to, for lack of a better term, explode if you pause for too long and then unpause while a slime is on top of an object. This has caused many of my plorts, foodstuffs, and even slimes to be flung out of fully upgraded pens.
AliciaJewel
Chickadoo

Postby clmurphy74 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Nope, not once during any of that. I was just jetting around, vacpacking up and just happen to look at the Largo's (or what remained of them) panned the mouse around, and saw the Rock/Tabby grab the Mint Mango.
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby Heather » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks for the feedback clmurphy74, we'll look into this.
Heather
Admin

Return to Technical Support