Cannot get game to run in Windows

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Cannot get game to run in Windows

Postby Eqinique » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm

I've played almost to a year of in-game time in Linux, but I cannot get the game to run in Windows on the same machine (dual boot). I am using the Steam version, and as soon as I try to run the game, it crashes with an error message telling me that Slime Rancher has encountered an error and must close. The title of the dialog is Slime Rancher - Unity 2017.1.3f1 (574eeb502d14). Running the game in safe mode does not help, and I have already had Steam verify the game files.

Upon examination of the error.log file it generates, there's this little tidbit:

Code: Select all
Write to location 80004484 caused an access violation.

I sent email to the Monomi Park support email address shown when the game starts (in Linux) one week ago, but there has been no reply.

The only antimalware on the system for the moment is Windows Defender. The only other Steam game I tried on the system (Portal 2) works just fine. So do other non-Steam games... this is the only thing I have that doesn't work as expected. I don't have any other Unity games to try.

Windows 8.1 x64, i5-2500k, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX760, driver 391.01.

Ideas welcome.
Eqinique
Plort

Re: Cannot get game to run in Windows

Postby Eqinique » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:28 am

Found the solution: Game is not compatible with MSI Afterburner, which is really only of use by... gamers.
Eqinique
Plort

Return to Technical Support