Everything is gone

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Everything is gone

Postby Calydor » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:09 am

So, yeah. Not really expecting there's a lot that can be done, but here goes.

My main save is gone, likely lost while I was moving to a new computer. I copied over the contents from LocalLow/Monomi Park/Slime Rancher, but it only sees two saves there. Tried copying them over again when I realized my main was gone, but still nothing.

I had everything. Story complete, most of Ogden's Wilds done, all the club rewards etc.

Now? My latest save is at day 13.

And before you suggest it, nope. Due to a craptacular net connection I don't have Steam Cloud activated, so there's no backup to retrieve from there.

Am I just SOL and should start over (oh god no) or did the save location get moved somewhere else at some point so I need to find my ACTUAL save game somewhere else?
Calydor
Rancher

Re: Everything is gone

Postby Xedric0308 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:44 pm

The file in the Slime Rancher folder with your save file must’ve gotten misplaced. Maybe while you were transfering the files, you accidentally moved it to another location. Try searching in your old and new PC the name of your save file and if you find it, put it back in the Slime Rancher folder.

If this doesn’t work, condolence to your save file and as an advice, I recommend you use the “backup game” in steam. If you right click the game, you can back up the data of any game you have on steam. That’s what I did and then immediately put it in a flash drive. Comes in handy whenever your PC might randomly break or when the game just randomly loses data.
~~ Just a Cool Dude that Loves SLIME RANCHER :D ~~

Slime Ideas: Electric Slime, Vamp Slime, Wolf Slime, Fairy Slime, Eagle Slime

~~ Avatar made by Sectanza :D ~~
Xedric0308
Rancher

Return to Technical Support