Frozen game? Insanely low frame rate?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Frozen game? Insanely low frame rate?

Postby Axtio » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:45 am

whenever i try and open slime rancher the game seems to freeze except that every ten seconds i can advance the game a few frames at a time by left clicking. The cursor is always free but cant interact with the game at all if i dont wait around ten seconds of the game being frozen.This issue isn't just while in the game world it also happens when i am in any menu for the game. Launching the game from steam in safe mode or not doesn't effect this issue and launching from desktop still no fix. i managed to trudge through the game enough to change the graphics settings from what i last played the game on max to default and still no change i dont know if this has happened before and if there is something that i could do beside uninstalling and restarting the game from scratch (witch i really dont want to do i dont have the free time to spent hours at a time on this game anymore and i dont want to lose all of the progress that i have managed to make)
*:・゚✧ ༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽✧゚・: *
Axtio
Plort

Re: Frozen game? Insanely low frame rate?

Postby BlanketPI » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 am

Considering that you need to uninstall and reinstall the game to update it if you got it on PC but not through Steam, I think it's fairly reasonable to assume that reinstalling the game will not get rid of your save data. Mind you, I'm not saying that this would necessarily fix the problem, but that at least you shouldn't lose anything.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Re: Frozen game? Insanely low frame rate?

Postby Axtio » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 pm

All is good with the world i tried to update my graphic's drivers and that has managed to fix it thanks for the helpful comment.
*:・゚✧ ༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽✧゚・: *
Axtio
Plort

Return to Technical Support