Twisters on the Farm

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Twisters on the Farm

Postby xshamirx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 am

I previously had three dervish slimes on my farm, specifically in the corral next to the house. I had all the upgrades on the corral, and had the Dervish's favourite toy and feeding prickly pears. Anyway, I kept noticing that my slimes kept disappearing (and only ever from the main ranch, not from the grotto or the docks). At some point I realized that the Dervish slimes were making twisters and they kept pulling out the honeys that were in the corral beside them.

The twisters didn't reach the corrals on the lower level, so those slimes disappearing is still a mystery.

So I moved the dervish slimes to the grotto, and instead put some crystal slimes in the corral beside the house instead. My problem is that the twisters kept happening. I tossed the Dervish back to the glass desert, but the twisters still happen and have rendered those two corral useless (since any slime I put them will inevitably get sucked out of the corral and tossed about the farm.)

Does anyone know if this is a known glitch, and if it isn't, if there a way for me to fix it?
xshamirx
Plort

Re: Twisters on the Farm

Postby Jessicacutie210 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:35 pm

I'm not sure if its a glitch but my dervish to were also making tornadoes and had to get them off my land. Not sure whats going on. Cause all my slimes after the recent update were all gone when I went to play.
Jessicacutie210
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Are these the bigger tornadoes or the smaller ones the dervishes ride on?
Never encountered the bigger ones as a glitch, but occasionally I find smaller ones without the dervish slimes.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby xshamirx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:58 am

rabbitslime wrote:Are these the bigger tornadoes or the smaller ones the dervishes ride on?
Never encountered the bigger ones as a glitch, but occasionally I find smaller ones without the dervish slimes.

These are the really big ones that can pull slimes/food/plorts out of the corral. There are two that now spawn on that little path going towards the slime lab. I tried going in and sleeping, jumping into the slime sea, to see if I could reset the glitch out of it... but sadly... no such luck. The two big tornados still spawn and move everything out of those two corrals out. Making tarr a very real concern... It's bugging the heck out of me to have two unusable corrals.
xshamirx
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Are you on Xbox or pc?
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby xshamirx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:25 pm

PC.
xshamirx
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:23 am

Do you meet the minimum requirements and what is your pc's OS along with your antivirus?
Have you temporarily started a new game to see if this issue still occurs? Move your save somewhere and start a new game and play around with dervishes in a corral.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby Eqinique » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:49 pm

I have the same issue, and it has rendered most of the overgrowth unusable for that reason. Two permanent tornadoes circle the raised island in the center, freeing most of the slimes in each cage, scattering food and plorts about, just asking for a Tarr outbreak.

I've removed all of the Dervish slimes from the ranch, but these two tornadoes won't go away. The most likely explanation is that there are a couple of Dervishes lodged under the ground or in the terrain somewhere (my bet would be between the main "block" of the raised center island and the second step; the tornadoes keep favoring that location).

Edit: I think this is confirmed. I stood on the second step and splashed some water into the joint between the step I was on and the island itself, and the tornadoes went away for a few minutes. The slimes are in there!

As far as the suggestion to try a new game profile: It didn't happen right away when I brought the Dervishes in. I had at least a couple hours of (real, not in game time) play time when everything worked as it should... when they were upset (hungry, mainly), the Dervish slimes would start these tornadoes, but feeding them calmed them down and the tornadoes went away. Something broke at some point, though; previously, they had not caused any problems with the other corrals in the overgrowth, as the tornadoes gravitated toward the corral with the Dervish slimes in it. Now they were freeing the slimes in all but one corral, well away from the corral where the Dervishes lived.

That was when I sucked the Dervishes back into the vac pack and discovered that the tornado no longer went away. Everything is fine until one of the slimes glitches into some place where it can't be seen, and then this happens. I wish there was some fail-safe way to destroy all slimes within a given area without regard to terrain... even Tarrs couldn't get it done. I tried creating a few dozen of them, but they just bounced around and eventually died, and the tornadoes persisted.

This needs to be fixed post haste, whatever that means.
Eqinique
Plort

Postby Obaba » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 pm

I just had this issue crop up, even after the update that said it was fixed.
I had issues with my Dervish/Honey Largos vanishing and let it ride, but with the update, I took a chance on going from 2 to 4 in a corral.
I left the area and went to bed to find 2 gone and also a Pink/Mosaic on the opposite side of the area gone as well.

Chalking it up as just the usual, I left and went to take care of my 4 Rock/Boom Largos got one on my vacpack while picking up some food. It exploded and disappeared. Wish I got a pic or GIF of it, but I didn't know what I was looking at until I looked up.
Maybe it has something to do with glitching through the walls of the corral. I don't know.

When I get back to my Dervish Honey Largos, there is a small twister hovering halfway up in the corner.
Wherever it has glitched to, it is hungry and upset.
Obaba
Plort

Return to Technical Support