Strange value resetting bug

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Strange value resetting bug

Postby rabbitslime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Don't know if this bug has been reported yet...

I was testing around with the save file and attempting to record the probability of rare ornaments. Along the way my save file seems to have corrupted itself. Achievements were reset, my day 150+ became day 1 and time was at 9 am even though it was night time. Also all my inventory had no number... like there were 10 pink slimes in my inventory but I can't see the 10. The bug somehow reset itself when I closed and opened the game again.

Also this strange bug cause my game to lag severely.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: Strange value resetting bug

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 am

Would have been easier to try to understand what some of the files were saying, or just breaking open a ton of crates and recording the data and trying to calculate the drop rate from that
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Re: Strange value resetting bug

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 pm

I was doing an experiment by reloading an old save before the bug came by. The program of slime rancher was running throughout the entire process, even when deleting the newer save files.

The process was load the save, crack some crates, record the value, close the save, locate the save file directory and delete the newest save files.

I think at one moment I deleted the newer save files a bit too early. This resulted into a temporary corruption of the save, which can only be reversed by closing and re-opening the program.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Return to Technical Support