Location of Steam Key?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Location of Steam Key?

Postby DrewPegasus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:48 am

Hello, I have bought the game directly from the official site and I don't see where the Steam key is. Is it in the files, game, or am I screwed? Thanks, DrewPegasus
DrewPegasus
Plort

Re: Location of Steam Key?

Postby PlayfulBear » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:52 am

I have also bought the game on the official site and I can't find the steam key. In your message, you tell me to log in on my Humble account to get it, but I don't have an Humble account. Please help me.
PlayfulBear
Plort

Postby Heather » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:22 pm

Welcome PlayfulBear and Drew....
Do you recall how you got to the page you downloaded the game from originally? You likely followed the link from an email you received after your purchase. Go back through the same steps again, and on the same page as your download option you will now also find a Steam key.
You can also click on this link to reset your account password with Humble Bundle.
Please let us know how you make out.
Heather
Admin

Postby DrewPegasus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:57 pm

I checked my email and I could not find anything, I am 100% sure I did not delete it. And I don't have a humble.
DrewPegasus
Plort

Postby Jess » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:58 am

DrewPegasus wrote:I checked my email and I could not find anything, I am 100% sure I did not delete it. And I don't have a humble.

What should have happened here is: When you bought the game, the Humble Store should have offered you a link to your download page when it said your purchase was successful. It should also have sent you an email with that link to the download page - it'd have the subject 'Your Slime Rancher order is ready' and be from 'Humble Bundle'.

If you don't have that email, the Humble Order Resender can be used to resend the download links for your Humble purchases (using this does not require a Humble Account). As Heather said, once you get the links to your download pages, you'll find your Steam keys on the download pages (unless you 'claim' them, you don't need a Humble Account to access these either).

The Humble Support page on redeeming Steam keys should be helpful if you would like a step-by-step guide.
Jess
Plort

Postby PlayfulBear » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:05 pm

I bought the game before it was release, so I never downloaded it... I have simply no idea where I can get my key to download the game
PlayfulBear
Plort

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Try this link if you can't find it in your email, and let us know if that works!
Heather
Admin

Return to Technical Support