Game won't save?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Game won't save?

Postby paradrybones » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 am

So about a day and a half ago my ranch began loading me into the exact same spot midway through day 162 regardless of progress I made after that day. I've tried just about everything I can think of to fix this. I've Waited for the day in Slime Rancher to entirely pass (like 6am in game time), used the ranch to sleep, tried various methods of saving/quitting and reloading the game, verifying the game files via steam, restarting my own computer obviously, uninstalling and reinstalling Slime Rancher, and most recently I messed around in C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Monomi Park\Slime Rancher and deleted all but save #0 hoping to restore my game to an earlier date before the problem started. No luck.

I have a backup of Slime Rancher from just before the Christmas event, (Because I was experiencing ANOTHER stupid bug (some bug where my game apparently loaded, I could hear the menu, but the screen was just black. I can't see it being related but who knows.) when I tried to log back on for the first time to start the Christmas event and ended up missing nearly the entire first day fooling around with the game trying to get it to work! -_-) So I suppose my next step would be to figure out how one actually goes about restoring back up data on steam, though obviously I'd much rather keep my damn progress during the first few days of the Christmas event.
paradrybones
Plort

Re: Game won't save?

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:51 am

Is it possible your out of memory for it to save to? That’s the only idea I personally have to explain this
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Technical Support