Problems Updating

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Problems Updating

Postby Dew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Hello! I am Dew. I am hoping I can get some help to update my Slime Rancher to the newest version.

I purchased Slime Rancher through a direct download. While I have the Steam key, I do not have a Steam account and I am not interested in getting one.

I have tried to find a way to update my version of Slime Rancher to the newest version but I am unsure how.

The current version of Slime Rancher that I have is v1.0.1e. I have looked in options but am unable to locate anyway to update the game to the newest version. I also cannot find anything on the site where I downloaded it. I am pretty sure I still have my email receipt from when I purchased the game if I will need that to update.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, I found a similar thread but there was no answer there so I thought it might be best to post my own.

Thank you for any help given!
Dew
Plort

Re: Problems Updating

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Do you know what site you downloaded it from? Not much I can see us being able to do with the information we have. From my experience sites that provide a steam key will leave updates to go through the steam updates (though I have very limited experience in this area) but it may be of some use for us to know what site it is from so that we may have more information available to give you.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Maria » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello Dew!

That sounds like you probably got the game from Humble. In order to update the standalone client you got from them, do the following:

1) Return to your Humble download page. If you don’t remember your download page please use https://www.humblebundle.com/resender to have it re-sent to you.
2) Download the new copy of Slime Rancher.
3) Run the installer the same way as when you originally installed Slime Rancher. It will overwrite the old install. All your save games and preferences are stored separately, so they are safe.

That should do the trick.
Maria
Admin

Postby Dew » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:43 pm

@Maria

Yes! That worked! Thank you so much for the help! I'm so happy I saved all my emails from Humble!

Thank you again for the assistance, I'm so happy I can enjoy all the new Slime Rancher content!
Dew
Plort

Return to Technical Support