[Linux] Black Screen on Startup

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

[Linux] Black Screen on Startup

Postby vitryl » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:42 am

Hey,

I just bought this game and I was really excited to go ahead and play it. However, when I try to run it I just get a black screen. I can hear the sound of the slimes in the background despite the black screen.

Here are a few things I've already tried:

1. Deleting the prefs and slimerancher.prf files under ~/.config/unity3d/Monomi Park/Slime Rancher. When I did this, I would see the start up logo and then the start up screen - but it would seem off and sluggish. Additionally, the menu would disappear so it would just be a laggy background.

2. Verifying integrity of game files. This does not solve any issues.

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling. This does not solve any issues.

4. Editing the aforementioned prefs file to change resolution to my 4K laptop screen dimensions and full screen to 0. I've done these separately and together, a suggestion I saw on another forum. However, these do not seem to help.

I am running Ubuntu 17.10 on GNOME (HP Spectre laptop with MX150 GPU && 8850U CPU). I really want to play this game, but despite all of my efforts I can't get it to run.
vitryl
Plort

Re: [Linux] Black Screen on Startup

Postby TerFran » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Just to let you know you are not alone.

I have had the same problem (black screen, but music playing) on trying to launch Slime Rancher (via steam) ever since the Ogden Wilds update (V1.1.0).

I'm running Linux Mint 18.2 KDE (gpu Nvidia GT 1030).

P.S. Since the 1.1.0 release I've sent three emails to monomi support but so far no reply except for the auto-response.
TerFran
Plort

Return to Technical Support