No in game sounds

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:11 am

Hadn't played Slime Rancher in a while, saw there was an update so I wanted to play. Logged in and no in games sounds to be heard. Exited out and restarted the game still no sounds. Restarted my computer still nothing to be heard in game. Filed a report via the game, no fix. Saw another update so thought I would try again nope still no sounds. Saw this third update and thought hey maybe they actually fixed it. Nope still no in game sounds. Filed at least three reports via game about the issue with nothing done. I have reached the point that I am going to be uninstalling the game and never playing it again. I also plan on telling all my friends to never buy the game seeing as no matter how many times you report an issue it never gets fixed.

If someone has an actual fix to this issue that will work please tell me.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ArannRules » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 am

Jesus calm down man, lots of reports come in, they cant check them all.

Have you actually checked your setting?
*clears throat* The Emoji Movie was an inside job..



DoNt AsK, jUsT wAtCh

Font Colour is to confusing
User avatar
ArannRules
Rancher
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:42 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:15 am

Yes I did but thanks for the not helpful tip.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ArannRules » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 am

Have you tried plugging in headphones or is the computer the problem like theres no auido on videos or other games
*clears throat* The Emoji Movie was an inside job..



DoNt AsK, jUsT wAtCh

Font Colour is to confusing
User avatar
ArannRules
Rancher
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:42 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:35 pm

Again yes I have tried different headsets, no headsets, USB headsets. There is ZERO sounds in game for slime rancher only. All my other games work, so on and so forth.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:14 pm

Not exactly sure how to fix this. Are you using Steam?
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."
-Stephen Hawking

Read the FFAAAAAAAAQQQQ
Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:14 am

Yes I am using steam. All my other games work. All my sounds work. Except for Slime Rancher which used to work sound wise so I don't know what happened or why which is why I am as angry as I am.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:20 am

ZombieWhiskey wrote:Yes I am using steam. All my other games work. All my sounds work. Except for Slime Rancher which used to work sound wise so I don't know what happened or why which is why I am as angry as I am.

Okey dokey. First of all; please calm down. It may take a little while, but it WILL be fixed eventually.

Try evubbalubating the files or whatver it's called. It should be in the toolbar under a menu when you select a game.
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."
-Stephen Hawking

Read the FFAAAAAAAAQQQQ
Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:21 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
ZombieWhiskey wrote:Yes I am using steam. All my other games work. All my sounds work. Except for Slime Rancher which used to work sound wise so I don't know what happened or why which is why I am as angry as I am.

Okey dokey. First of all; please calm down. It may take a little while, but it WILL be fixed eventually.

Try evubbalubating the files or whatver it's called. It should be in the toolbar under a menu when you select a game.


I do not see that option or anything like it at all. I can reset everything and delete my saved game.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:12 am

2 weeks still no in game sounds. Amazing.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 am

Excuse me? Do you think you're the only person using this game?

Monomi Park is an indie developing team composed of only a few people. Your reports will take a while to be processed. For the last time, calm down - there is no need to be excessively rude.

Could you post your specs, please?
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."
-Stephen Hawking

Read the FFAAAAAAAAQQQQ
Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Excuse me? Do you think you're the only person using this game?

Monomi Park is an indie developing team composed of only a few people. Your reports will take a while to be processed. For the last time, calm down - there is no need to be excessively rude.

Could you post your specs, please?



Pretty sure I have not once stated I am the only player using the game. Pretty sure I am a player that is getting sick and tired of an issue not getting fixed even though there has been 3 updates since it started happening. Updates are to fix issues not prolong them.

Plus I thought hmm maybe if I post again stating I still have no in game sounds so there is still an issue. Maybe just maybe it would actually get looked into. It's okay though I will still say something about it till it is fixed.

Whatever though :)
Last edited by ZombieWhiskey on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 am

ZombieWhiskey wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Excuse me? Do you think you're the only person using this game?

Monomi Park is an indie developing team composed of only a few people. Your reports will take a while to be processed. For the last time, calm down - there is no need to be excessively rude.

Could you post your specs, please?



Pretty sure I have not once stated I am the only player using the game. Pretty sure I am a player that is getting sick and tired of an issue not getting fixed even though there has been 3 updates since it started happening. Updates are to fix issues not prolong them.

Whatever though :)

Monomi Park recieves huge quantities of reports. They'll fix it eventually. However, we need some data.
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."
-Stephen Hawking

Read the FFAAAAAAAAQQQQ
Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: No in game sounds

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Have you tried without a headset?
Hello ranchers! I am a rock slime specialist, but my Tactus (his name is Jerry) got a hold of my account. ALL HAIL OGDEN!!! he has got the BEST heart beets!!! Also Jerry is a HACKER!! He steals my plorts!Check out my channel!
User avatar
Randomtangle
Keeper
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Location: Surrounded by very cuddly rock slimes!

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Randomtangle wrote:Have you tried without a headset?


ZombieWhiskey wrote:Again yes I have tried different headsets, no headsets, USB headsets. There is ZERO sounds in game for slime rancher only. All my other games work, so on and so forth.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 pm

It has been 4 weeks now and I am just about done ever bothering to see if this issue gets fixed. It is pretty crappy when you just want to play a game but you can't when the game sounds do not work. Also it is NOT my computer and NOT any of my headsets. It is the actual game. I say it is the game because I have also installed the game on different computers with the same issue of having no in game sounds at all. Yes yes I know they get lots of reports and blah blah blah. It does not mean that I do not have a right to be upset or voice that fact. I just want my game fixed so I can actually play it and not regret buying this game.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Specs, please?
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."
-Stephen Hawking

Read the FFAAAAAAAAQQQQ
Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Specs, please?


Why so you can attempt to tell me it is my computer? I know it is not. I mean I did just clearly state that. So again I just stated it is not my computer or rather computers because again as I just stated I have installed the game on other computers only to have the same issue so clearly it is not any of my computers but the actual game.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm

ZombieWhiskey wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Specs, please?


Why so you can attempt to tell me it is my computer? I know it is not. I mean I did just clearly state that. So again I just stated it is not my computer or rather computers because again as I just stated I have installed the game on other computers only to have the same issue so clearly it is not any of my computers but the actual game.

Considering the fact that all other people are doing fine, I find it unlikely that it's the game. Try evaluating the files: otherwise, there isn't much that anyone can do, I'm afraid.
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."
-Stephen Hawking

Read the FFAAAAAAAAQQQQ
Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:55 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
ZombieWhiskey wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Specs, please?


Why so you can attempt to tell me it is my computer? I know it is not. I mean I did just clearly state that. So again I just stated it is not my computer or rather computers because again as I just stated I have installed the game on other computers only to have the same issue so clearly it is not any of my computers but the actual game.

Considering the fact that all other people are doing fine, I find it unlikely that it's the game. Try evaluating the files: otherwise, there isn't much that anyone can do, I'm afraid.



Mhm considering it is a brand new computer just now 5-6 weeks old I know for a fact it is not my computer. Never mind the fact that I installed the game on DIFFERENT computers only to have no game sounds either. So you can stop trying to tell me it is my computers. Also if this "evaluating the files" works so wonderfully tell me how to do it. Seeing as last time I attempted to follow your advice it was a dead end seeing as I couldn't find what you stated and when I said I couldn't find it you never said anything else on it but wanted my specs. So please explain it :)
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Step One: Open Steam.
Step Two: Click on the Library tab. It says Library.
Step Three: Find Slime Rancher
Step Four: Left-click it, and select Properties.
Step Five: From Properties, click on the tab that says Local Files.
Step Six: Click on the button that says Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Step Seven: Wait for it to finish, and run Slime Rancher.
Step Eight: If the sound does not work, PM Nick or Maria. They are the most active (and most concerned development team members), and they will help you.
Step Nine: If all possible solutions do not work, check your headphones and firewall permissions.
Step Ten: If none of the above did work (or you're too lazy to), then you are free to write a bad review.
Everything's legal so as long as the cops aren't around.

Be nice to your pinkbois.
User avatar
tyrantlemon55
Rancher
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:42 pm

tyrantlemon55 wrote:Step One: Open Steam.
Step Two: Click on the Library tab. It says Library.
Step Three: Find Slime Rancher
Step Four: Left-click it, and select Properties.
Step Five: From Properties, click on the tab that says Local Files.
Step Six: Click on the button that says Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Step Seven: Wait for it to finish, and run Slime Rancher.
Step Eight: If the sound does not work, PM Nick or Maria. They are the most active (and most concerned development team members), and they will help you.
Step Nine: If all possible solutions do not work, check your headphones and firewall permissions.
Step Ten: If none of the above did work (or you're too lazy to), then you are free to write a bad review.


Thank you greatly tyrantlemon55. What should I look for in my firewall? I have checked it before many times over but seeing as I have done steps 1-7 with no luck I thought I might as well check my firewall again.
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:29 pm

ZombieWhiskey wrote:
tyrantlemon55 wrote:Step One: Open Steam.
Step Two: Click on the Library tab. It says Library.
Step Three: Find Slime Rancher
Step Four: Left-click it, and select Properties.
Step Five: From Properties, click on the tab that says Local Files.
Step Six: Click on the button that says Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Step Seven: Wait for it to finish, and run Slime Rancher.
Step Eight: If the sound does not work, PM Nick or Maria. They are the most active (and most concerned development team members), and they will help you.
Step Nine: If all possible solutions do not work, check your headphones and firewall permissions.
Step Ten: If none of the above did work (or you're too lazy to), then you are free to write a bad review.


Thank you greatly tyrantlemon55. What should I look for in my firewall? I have checked it before many times over but seeing as I have done steps 1-7 with no luck I thought I might as well check my firewall again.

I 'aint got any idea.
Everything's legal so as long as the cops aren't around.

Be nice to your pinkbois.
User avatar
tyrantlemon55
Rancher
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Re: No in game sounds

Postby ZombieWhiskey » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 am

tyrantlemon55 wrote:
ZombieWhiskey wrote:
tyrantlemon55 wrote:Step One: Open Steam.
Step Two: Click on the Library tab. It says Library.
Step Three: Find Slime Rancher
Step Four: Left-click it, and select Properties.
Step Five: From Properties, click on the tab that says Local Files.
Step Six: Click on the button that says Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Step Seven: Wait for it to finish, and run Slime Rancher.
Step Eight: If the sound does not work, PM Nick or Maria. They are the most active (and most concerned development team members), and they will help you.
Step Nine: If all possible solutions do not work, check your headphones and firewall permissions.
Step Ten: If none of the above did work (or you're too lazy to), then you are free to write a bad review.


Thank you greatly tyrantlemon55. What should I look for in my firewall? I have checked it before many times over but seeing as I have done steps 1-7 with no luck I thought I might as well check my firewall again.

I 'aint got any idea.


Curd okay. I sent Maria a message but have not heard anything back yet and I can't send anything to Nick so now idk what to do besides giving up in the long run
ZombieWhiskey
Chickadoo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am

Re: No in game sounds

Postby Noggy05 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Is it really so bad playing without sound? My sound on my computer cuts out a lot. Apart from the sounds that help you detect hazards none of the sounds are super important.
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

My avatar is from:
http://bit.ly/2BxI73M

http://bit.ly/2jv1SRd
User avatar
Noggy05
Rancher
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: Trapped on the other side of the mirror

Next

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron