Prison break... slime edition

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Prison break... slime edition

Postby toniopixy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi,
I have some issues with the boom slimes. Maybe it's normal but i don't know...
So when i gathered some boom slimes i've put them in a corral in the basic ranch zone but they annoyed me with their explosions and the fps drop that followed with several explosions at the same time. So i've put them in the grotto. But when i go to give them food or gather the plorts, some off them escaped from the corral. So maybe the corral can be destroyed like the air net but they never escaped when they where in the basic ranch zone. So maybe the corrals are unloading in the grotto or the some slimes are glitching out off the corral when others explode ? So i would like to know if it's a bug or if it's a normal behavior.

To prevent this question, the number of slimes is not enough for them to reach the roof of a maxed corral with air net so it's not destroyed.
toniopixy
Plort

Re: Prison break... slime edition

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:28 pm

They explode more when they're hungry. Are you feeding them as often as you used to?
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby toniopixy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:45 pm

I think i feed them less than before, so the explosions can break the corral like the air net if there is too much explosions ?
toniopixy
Plort

Postby skydart » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:27 pm

The air net will get turned off for some moments, when gotten hit too hard and often. It will come back automatically though, but slimes might escape that way.

You can also try to add the music box to that corral, maybe that will help keep them at bay.
skydart
Rancher

Postby toniopixy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:02 am

There is not enough slimes for them to reach the air net and escape, and the corral have already all the upgrades (music box included). So the slimes are somehow glitching out of their corral when they get propulsed because of the others explosions. It's the only plosible reason if the corral don't shut down like the air net when there is to many explosions.
toniopixy
Plort

Postby Hookie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 am

It did happened to me so I gave them some honey plorts to do some tests.
They became bigger and still explose but somehow they stopped escaping =o
(I don't remember the name of that "cross-breed", I'm sorry !)
I feel like it's because they are bigger, so they don't bump as much as when they were small ?
I'm not sure here, it's just a supposition.
And each time I feed them it gives me one plort of each time so it's more profitable.

Ps: I just love the title you gave to your topic !
Hookie
Plort

Postby toniopixy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:56 am

I like to have one corral for every small slime type and then fusion them in other corral so i'd like to keep little boom slime in one corral but they could mess up some things if they can escape... Well i guess i'll have to feed them more regularly and keep an eye on them if this "bug" is not a bug.

Ps: I just love the title you gave to your topic !

Ps : thanks :)
toniopixy
Plort

Return to Technical Support