Game save corrupted

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Game save corrupted

Postby bree » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Not sure how to attatch the crash logs/file data, i did take a screenshot of the error file in game
http://puu.sh/x902X.png

I've tried system restoring my computer as well as checking all of the game files through steam and it still hasn't fixed it.

I made such huge progress in my game and i really don't want to have to start from the beggining again..

I just finished opening the entire map (not all the slime doors but all the map finders so it's all showen when opening map) I also found the huge gate to The Ancient Ruins. I got to level 8 with my ranch, braught all of the extra locations for the ranch and had every slime (apart from Quantum Slime, Tangle Slime, Dervish Slime, Mosaic Slime and Fire Slime)

nearly 14 hours of my game play gone, is there a way that i can go through the game files and restore an earlier save from before the file broke?
bree
Plort

Re: Game save corrupted

Postby bree » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:18 pm

I found the error logs but I don't know how to attatch them.
bree
Plort

Postby bree » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:04 am

My game keeps crashing now, all my drivers are up to date.
bree
Plort

Postby bree » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Every time i try and load my new save now, the game crashes & stops responding
bree
Plort

Postby bree » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm

This is all just from thismorning, after updating the game.
bree
Plort

Postby saoirse » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:27 pm

I have also lost all my progress due to corrupted saves. When the game crashes, often locking up my PC, sometimes I can pick up where I left off after a reboot. But far too often, all of the saves and even the game settings are completely corrupted. People have been reporting this issue for months, but in my googling I haven't found an official or unofficial fix.

I have been really enjoying the game, and it must work fine for some people, but this is totally game-breaking for me. If there isn't a fix posted soon, I'll be asking Steam for a refund.
saoirse
Plort

Return to Technical Support