Weird mouse problems in Slime Rancher

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Weird mouse problems in Slime Rancher

Postby Microhen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:12 pm

When ever I log into my world my character starts looking at the ground and spins around, and when I try to move my mouse it is really hard to control where I'm looking and always goes back to looking at the ground, can you help?
Microhen
Plort

Re: Weird mouse problems in Slime Rancher

Postby skydart » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Do you, by any chance, have a game pad plugged in whan you start the game to play with mouse/keyboard? In that case you could try to un-plug this before the start. Also I noticed that I have to press the "fire" button right after entering the world once, to have all work like intended.
skydart
Rancher

Postby Microhen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:44 pm

No I dont think I have a game pad plugged in, but what is the "fire" button? Do you mean Enter? Or do you mean like the actual button to shoot with the vack pack?
Microhen
Plort

Postby Elskah » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Microhen wrote:When ever I log into my world my character starts looking at the ground and spins around, and when I try to move my mouse it is really hard to control where I'm looking and always goes back to looking at the ground, can you help?

Try going to your device manager (through your computer's control panel!) and if there's a device called "vJoy", disable it! A lot of people have had this issue and this seems to be a common fix. :D
Those stripes, that tail, that wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
Elskah
Rancher

Postby Microhen » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:12 pm

I tried that and it still does it, but it only does the spinning when I press my mouse, any fixes for that?
Microhen
Plort

Postby clmurphy74 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:45 pm

skydart wrote:Do you, by any chance, have a game pad plugged in whan you start the game to play with mouse/keyboard? In that case you could try to un-plug this before the start. Also I noticed that I have to press the "fire" button right after entering the world once, to have all work like intended.

I have to hit one of the hot bar keys to get my mouse synced with the game when I first start it up. Sometimes during the game as well. Only other issue I had was lagging, though that hasn't happened in a while.
clmurphy74
Rancher

Return to Technical Support