help in translations

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

help in translations

Postby AlePlumber » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 am

Hello¡¡ i dont have the game but i like it and the spanish translations are... so literals.
I can make the translations more meaningful if you want :)
AlePlumber
Plort

Re: help in translations

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:04 am

I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby AlePlumber » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:42 am

DarkCreature97 wrote:http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4245

yes thats the forum but i dont want to send 2 screenshots and correct them. i want to get all the spanish translations files and solve all the issues, im spanish i understand perfectly the lenguage i can do a great translation. Can i do this?
AlePlumber
Plort

Postby Miomilla » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 am

No you can't, at least officially.

Sorry for that large words splash, but the roof is on fire and I'm happy to see someone else's roof here.
Haha nevermind.

And sorry for my mad skillz in English language, I am a native Russian speaker.

Some of my experience. We both, me and my friend, we've made a full fan translation and an installer before the official one released, and we have offered the developers our help with russian translation several times since they added it. Now the only help we are allowed to provide is to report mistakes in their threads, one by one, every patch.

But I agree with AlePlumber, russian thread for example is mostly useless, there is not enough to just fix some troubles in translation, there is the whole translation needs full remake and must be done by real native speakers, because those russian translators aren't.

...translators that don't know (and don't try to) words meaning and how to use some words and how two words connect to each other (landing IN the planet for example); that make a lot of grammatical, spelling mistakes, ignore puns, make new words when it is not needed and when there's real russian equivalent; that sometimes copy english sentence construction and apply it to russian sentences and overload them making hard to understand; that don't know how cities' names and many objects (Лос Анджелес for example) names should be written; that sometimes loose all the sense of a sentence making nonsense. They obviously don't play the game and because of that they make really strange things.
They can't even do some curious, interesting, tricky language investigations, that everyone can do; for example in some vacpack update description they translate thrusters as joystick omg (and you can find that - God bless Google - trusters are the same as rocket engine/turbine); or bellybutton literally as a button on a belly. I assure you, Russians have and actively use internet, but what's wrong with that guy?

With all that they fix only around 40% of my list of mistakes, and there are only the most ridiculous mistakes (mistakes that they shouldn't have made at all), completely ignoring the rest of constructive feedback and making more and more new mistakes with every new update. Plus, this tread is like to talk to an unprofessional translator - you tell them, "fix that word in this item description", and they fix it but forget that the very name of this item needs to be fixed now too.

I don't know why MP doesn't accept fanmade translation that can be provided for free by people that really love the game and their language and then let some these professional guys check it and fix all their possible mistakes. It would be faster, and cheaper, and with love to the game.

I'm a feral largo today.
Join our Russian Slime Rancher network:
VK community | wiki | twitter | russian patch (for v.0.2.2-0.3.6)
Miomilla
Chickadoo

Postby DarkCreature97 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:51 am

Like i said, there are many mistakes in the grammar. You can tell that all the translaters did was copy the text in English and paste it on Google Translate. I dont blame the developers but if they have given this job to another team to translate it, this is what they did.

All we can do is report the mistakes, but that isn't the only problem. The problem is that you have to explain why these mistakes are mistakes. Sometimes they just use the wrong word, but in the majority of the case they use words that are commonly used but not in that context. What i expect is, if i report this, they do their research and change it, rather than giving it to someone and they saying "nah bro, that guy doesn't even Spanish".
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby Miomilla » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:54 am

For me, this is not a problem to explain why these mistakes are mistakes. I do this every time when posting my lists of mistakes. My explanations always follow the language rules and have links if needed.

As I see in these translations threads, there are much more mistakes in Russian one than in any other. Plus, before these threads appeared I had sent an email with a large .txt to the developers, I had posted in those Discussion Update Treads and via F2. And after all that, as I said before, I see most of my work ignored without any care, even though I can explain my suggestions, while they can't. One more example - tabby can be translated as полосатый (striped), but they think it needs any absolutely new word that even doesn't exist or mean any feature of it. I mean that slime is really полосатый (has stripes), but their word has nothing to do with stripes or any other charasteristic of that type of slime. We have posted this and many other "old" mistakes many times and expected their research, but still ignored.

Once they said that these translations are in beta and can be improved, and what disappointing is that it is not improving, it only fixes language mistakes that - once more - they shouldn't have made at all because this is their job to know language rules. Let's just admit that in this game, texts and puns and names don't matter, this part of the game is made exclusively for english-speaking world.
Join our Russian Slime Rancher network:
VK community | wiki | twitter | russian patch (for v.0.2.2-0.3.6)
Miomilla
Chickadoo

Return to Technical Support