Updating local saves to steam

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Updating local saves to steam

Postby AdamSmithRancher » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi guys,
I'm really happy for your success and your Steam partnership.
I'm playing on Mac OS and linked my humble account to my steam one to make the updates easier to install.
But here's my question : how can I upload my local save (50K+, making Adam Smith proud) to steam ? Do I have to start all over again ?

Congratulations for the devs and a nice day for every fellow rancher passing by.
AdamSmithRancher
Chickadoo

Re: Updating local saves to steam

Postby Arkelia » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:48 pm

On windows there is no need to transfer the saves, the steam version uses the same save files as the DRM free version.
So maaaaaybe it's the same for OSX ?
Arkelia
Chickadoo

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:09 pm

We're hoping to fix this in the future, but currently the steam version on OSX (and only on OSX) is putting saved games in ~/Library/Application Support/unity.Monomi Park.Slime Rancher/ whereas the Humble/Direct download is putting saved games in ~/Library/Application Support/Monomi Park/Slime Rancher/ (where they are really meant to live). If you copy your .sav files you should be able to play them from Steam.
Mike
Developer

Postby AdamSmithRancher » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:49 am

Thanks a lot, i'll try this as soon as possible, just need to find de way to access my steam games' saves.
Btw, do you have the date for an update adding new slimes ? Can't wait to breed the Rad one with the Lava.

Nice day to everyone !
AdamSmithRancher
Chickadoo

Postby AdamSmithRancher » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:24 am

I think i'll wait for the fix : for an unknown reason, I don't have the unity folder in my appsupport, but when i click "show content" on SlimeRancher, here's what I got (see joined screenshots) : maybe the saves are somewhere in there ?

AdamSmithRancher
Chickadoo

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:54 am

OSX actually has two different "Application Support" folders - a global one (which it looks like you're viewing in your screenshot) and one under your user account (Under /Users/<your username>/Library). The latter is where Slime Rancher games are saved.
Mike
Developer

Postby AdamSmithRancher » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:22 am

Don't have these either, I don't understand what is not going on this machine.
Thank for your help, hopefully this post will be useful to other players, i'll just wait for a fix !

Nice day to every one.
AdamSmithRancher
Chickadoo

Return to Technical Support