XBOX ONE: Pause menu wont scroll.

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

XBOX ONE: Pause menu wont scroll.

Postby JustAGinge » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 pm

When I press the pause button it opens for me but if u go up/down it moves me back/forwards and ignores the fact that I'm in the pause menu, which means I can't save & exit. Also does the same when I go into the ranch to sleep, it ignores that I am in there and I can hear myself walking around outside and throwing things but it shows me as still in the ranch. Any help appreciated, message me on Xbox 1 ( JustAGinge ) as I am more likely to respond there. Oh and also it happens in the Slimepedia, it wont let me scroll or go left / right.
JustAGinge
Plort

Re: XBOX ONE: Pause menu wont scroll.

Postby Kryptonate » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Same thing with me, I figured out how to get out of the menu by pressing up on the D-Pad and pressed B to get out of that screen

Though same exact situation, can't save at all. I figured out if you get stuck in your house just press X again and it'll glitch and make it to spawn two characters (in the house) and then press B to get out of that menu. That's the only way I found how to exit the house with this glitch.
Kryptonate
Plort

Postby Kryptonate » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Can you guys help? I don't want to lose around 3 hours of gameplay!
Kryptonate
Plort

Postby Kryptonate » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 pm

FIRGURED OUT HOW TO GET THE CURSOR TO MOVE!!! You need to open a GUI, any GUI and then press start and you'll be able to select save a quit!!! If you go back out it won't work. I didn't get to test much but I found that the refinery in the lab works.

Edit: I meant selector not cursor
Kryptonate
Plort

Postby CptHornblower » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:41 am

This happened to me last night. I went into the ranch and walked away for a few minutes. When I came back and hit "Sleep until Morning" the clock ticking sound effect triggered but the clock time didn't change. When I left the ranch it was morning and the pause menu was open on my screen but unscrollable. If I hit up on the D-pad it would open the Slimepedia but when I would exit Slimepedia the Pause menu would still be there. I was able to get the menu to go away and come back but I couldn't scroll through it. I believe I tried opening a GUI and it didn't fix the glitch in my case but not 100% sure about that. Another factor is that my Xbox controller had timed out and disconnected and had to be reconnected while I was in my ranch.
CptHornblower
Plort

Postby Kryptonate » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:36 pm

CptHornblower wrote:This happened to me last night. I went into the ranch and walked away for a few minutes. When I came back and hit "Sleep until Morning" the clock ticking sound effect triggered but the clock time didn't change. When I left the ranch it was morning and the pause menu was open on my screen but unscrollable. If I hit up on the D-pad it would open the Slimepedia but when I would exit Slimepedia the Pause menu would still be there. I was able to get the menu to go away and come back but I couldn't scroll through it. I believe I tried opening a GUI and it didn't fix the glitch in my case but not 100% sure about that. Another factor is that my Xbox controller had timed out and disconnected and had to be reconnected while I was in my ranch.

hmm... interesting, there are definitly bugs here xD
Kryptonate
Plort

Return to Technical Support