XBOX ONE - Saved Games Keep Disappearing

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

XBOX ONE - Saved Games Keep Disappearing

Postby Hijinks » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:50 am

Hi there,

First of all - Slime Rancher is a great game, both my 5 year old and 11 year old girls love it (and secretly so does my wife and I) - Keep up the great work :)

So here's the problem and I hope this is the right place to post this :

We have 2 Xbox one consoles in our home and both of them have Slime Rancher installed. Last night my 5 year old went to play her game on the Xbox in our bedroom, however when it loaded, the game was acting "glitchy" and the following happened:

>The marketplace showed all the plort rates were "999"
>A prompt came up and said "Controller not connected/detected?"
>A 2nd prompt then came up and said "cannot load game" and directed us to push the menu button and "Save and Exit".
>We then restarted the Xbox and the game, only to find her profile was gone.
>With some quick thinking i jumped onto the other Xbox console in hopes it would still be on there, but no, it was erased from that console too.

My 5 year old was pretty distraught (she had spent several weeks getting to where she was in the game), and I've tried everything to think of a way to retrieve it. I only assume the saved file is now corrupt and so cannot be detected?

Additionally, this isn't the first time it has happened. My other daughters profile just deleted itself about a week back and I just noticed my profile has gone too. I had reinstalled the game on both machines before it deleted my 5 year olds profile last night.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe there's some issue with transferring from Xbox to Xbox as they both play on the 2 different consoles?

Any help is much appreciated!
Hijinks
Plort

Return to Technical Support