Automatic Save Backups

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Automatic Save Backups

Postby Theomanic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 am

Might I suggest a feature to backup saves if they have a chance of getting corrupted if you're playing and the computer crashes? I just spent over an hour trying various tricks to recover mine (uninstalling/reinstalling the game, my Steam client, etc) with no luck. It's really a bummer to lose hours upon hours of progress... I'll try playing again in a while, but right now it's pretty sour. :( Which double sucks because I bought the game to cheer me up! (Which, by the way, it was doing a great job of, until now).

I was surprised to discover this is a glitch that happens, but no measure has been taken to help. Okay, you can't fix the file, but copying the save file once an hour isn't too tricky. Alternate saving onto backup A and backup B in case the crash happens while it's backing up, and voila, problem solved. If the dynamic saving makes this too difficult, even just making a backup of all saves when the game is closed or loaded would be better than nothing. I understand a person can backup their files themselves, but personally I didn't know the corruption bug was a thing.

If anyone has any advice for other suggestions to try and recover my save file, please let me know. But I have the Boom plort, which I read means nothing can be done.
Theomanic
Plort

Return to Technical Support