Painted Hens not Laying Eggs

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Painted Hens not Laying Eggs

Postby Kitana » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Has anyone else had this problem with Painted hens? I've tried adjusting the ratio of Hens/Roostros, swapping out Roostros, and even moving my coop to different areas, but nothing seems to make them want to multiply.

Other chicken types seem to be breeding just fine, it's only the Painted Hens that are having a problem. My coop in the overgrowth even has regular babies running around outside the pen, but no painted chicks are appearing inside.
Kitana
Chickadoo

Re: Painted Hens not Laying Eggs

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I thought I was just doing something wrong! My painted hens are barely multiplying. Maybe like one or two new chicks every few days.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby Kitana » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:59 pm

I just changed the ratio to 6 PH and 3 Roostros, and I *think* I got one chick after 2 days or so? I'm not 100% sure if that one was generated in the pen or a leftover from collecting chicks from the Desert though.
Kitana
Chickadoo

Postby WOLRUS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:47 pm

I believe the magic number is four hens, two roosters. And the reason why the painted chicks are depleted may be because all the available chicks are being bred into normal chickadoos by the regular hens outside, so a suggestion may be to move it somewhere where it doesn't spawn natural chickens.
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Return to Technical Support