Sound cuts out and sleep is laggy

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Sound cuts out and sleep is laggy

Postby Java » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:41 am

Okay so, this always happens;
Ever since i updated to 0.6.0, there's this thing going on where i'll run the game, and it'll play smoothly for a while. The first time i sleep after running the game, it works fine. Timer changes properly, the lighting transition is nice and constant. When I exit the house after this first time, everything still runs smoothly.

After a while, and I'm not sure at what point, my sound will cut out. I usually play with music off anyway, but with this the effects cut out too. The last two times this happened, I checked my options again to make sure the master volume hadn't gone down by itself, which it hadn't. The master slider was still halfway, as was the effects slider.

After a while, other things start to become jittery. When i'm putting food into autofeeders or plorts into the market, the stream of items will lag and jump as if my mouse was faulty or i clicked the mouse repeatedly. This is not the case, as I've tried this with 3 different computer mice to be sure, 2 wired and 1 wireless, and it still happens. I also used like 4 different usb ports on my computer so I doubt it's that.

I'll then go to sleep again. When i click the sleep button, the sleeping transition will happen, but the time counter will stutter and freeze at random, and the lighting animation also lags.
My mouse pointer will start to lag behind when i go to click the exit house button.
When I come out of the house, the game will run really slowly, I'd guess at 1 frame per 2 seconds. It will speed up a tiny bit, still slow but enough for me to look around without crashing the game.
I have 4 corrals, all containing mosaic-hybrid largos. Even though my largos are all happy and well fed, they still produce a massive amount of glints, which all simultaneously explode when i leave the house, adding to the lag. This crashed the game the first time this happened, but I've managed to bypass that by quickly looking at the floor.

The game then runs horribly from then on, stuttering frequently, and after maybe twenty minutes it becomes unplayable.

When I try to exit the game via the menu like normal, it crashes before i get to the main menu screen. When I try to exit the game via task manager, it also crashes and usually locks up my computer for a few minutes, meaning i can't click on anything.
This didn't happen before 0.6.0. Before, I could exit the game normally and it didn't lag.

I play on the lowest settings you can get (i sacrifice quality for smooth movement due to a mental disorientation condition i have) and i have absolutely nothing else running at the same time as the game. I don't even load it through steam, I use the shortcut on my desktop.

I haven't been able to get hold of the log because last time i tried that it refused to come up.
I also have the recent bugfix that was for unused music taking up a load of memory or something, so it can't be that, I don't think. I even went and uninstalled a load of bulky programs and bloatware that were on my pc, in the hopes it would help. Nothing,

I have no idea what half of my pc specs mean but I'll put them here in the hopes they are useful:
I use Windows 10, Intel Pentium CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 64-bit OS.
I understand that my PC is probably really rubbish but it's never had a problem with Slime Rancher before.

I'll try and get hold of the log and post it here too if that would help.
Thanks!
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Re: Sound cuts out and sleep is laggy

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:55 am

Can you please mention what graphics card you have? Maybe have a bit more of RAM, like 8GB? Other than that your specs are enough to run Slime Rancher even on High graphics.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby Java » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 am

I'm not sure whether this is the right thing, but I think this is it:
Intel HD Graphics Family Internal
That's what it's saying on the DirectX diagnostic thing
Pretty sure it's a built in one

Java
Rancher

Postby DarkCreature97 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:46 am

I think it's because you have a integrated graphics card. Maybe is not powerful enough to f run this. Although I'm not a huge expert, it could be any other issue. I would suggest to email Monomi Park and ask for help.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby Java » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:53 am

Yeah, I checked my pc and it's intergrated, although my dad said something about managing to override the intergrated one for a more powerful card.
More ram's on the way too, so hopefully that should sort the lag problem.

Java
Rancher

Return to Technical Support