Tangle Slimes reaching other corrals

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Tangle Slimes reaching other corrals

Postby DarkCreature97 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:57 pm

I have Tangle Slimes in The Dock next to the Mosaic Slimes, Fire Slimes and Dervish Slimes. Tangle Slimes have the ability to grab something that's far away with their "tentacles". Now, the problem is that they even grab plorts from other corrals that are near them and turn into Tarr instantly. Now, I'm not sure if this is a bug or its ment to be like that, but if this is what its ment to happen then it will be way to dangerous to keep Tangle Slimes and way more hard than the Quantum Slimes.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Re: Tangle Slimes reaching other corrals

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:19 pm

I think that their behavior is meant to be like this.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:17 pm

I really wish that tangle slimes would not be able to grab and eat plorts. I understand the food thing, and it is one reason that I keep my lone tangle slime in a corral in the overgrowth, but the reason I have only one is because the rest all grabbed plorts that I accidentally dropped and turned into largos. It's annoying.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby DarkCreature97 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:54 am

That's my whole point. I think they shouldn't reach other Slime's Corrals and take their plort because otherwise you're gonna have a huge terror full of Tarrs. Like, if they can get food from outside their own corrals its fine, but if they reach other corrals that's gonna be a headache.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 pm

everyone keeps complaining that things are too easy, then complain more when they get hard. just learn what a slime needs, and plan things out accordingly.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Java » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:17 am

this is an intended feature.
i agree though, the whole "the game is too hard/easy" thing is annoying.
people want it harder, it becomes harder, they complain it's too hard etc
java/tira, he/him pronouns, panro-ace demiboy.

be gay, drink cider, break boundaries

"Patto hikatte saita, hanabi o miteta,
Kitto mada owaranai natsu ga!"
Java
Rancher

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:51 am

I never complained that it was too easy. But I think the whole point of a Corral is to not let anything in from outside unless is done by a rancher. This is the main reason I thought this could be a bug. If its an intended feature to make the game harder using this method, then I say its fine. But if its a bug then obviously it has to be fixed, which at this point I think it isn't.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby GreatRancher » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:00 pm

DarkCreature97 wrote:I never complained that it was too easy. But I think the whole point of a Corral is to not let anything in from outside unless is done by a rancher. This is the main reason I thought this could be a bug. If its an intended feature to make the game harder using this method, then I say its fine. But if its a bug then obviously it has to be fixed, which at this point I think it isn't.

I think it's possible to make this don't happen, there are two things, the obviously ridiculously one and the not comproved one:
1.The ridiculous one is putting it in a isolated place, but that's so cruel.
2.The other one is that I think it only happens with Non-Largo Tangles, if not, I have seen a youtuber with Mosaic Tangles that also has Honey and Dervish I think in His Lab Area(On the most near to the sea Corral) and they Tangles don't eat other slime plorts.
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:53 pm

In the labs, there is an out-of the way plot. It's far enough away so that Tangles and their Largos cannot reach food or the plorts in the main area. The Grotto has a plot on the bottom floor, to the right, that's just the perfect distance away from everything else. The Overgrowth has a little spot that's far enough away from everything else, but I wouldn't recommend using it if you are free-ranging slimes. It's on the little area that's higher than the rest of the Overgrowth.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby SquillionthGamer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:12 pm

I think it's just a bit TOO difficult sometimes like when you have tangles for money but they create tarrs and wreck the whole ranch.
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby KlutchxKing518 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 am

PrismSlime wrote:everyone keeps complaining that things are too easy, then complain more when they get hard. just learn what a slime needs, and plan things out accordingly.

Exactly!
KlutchxKing518
Plort

Postby Jian89 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 am

I like it that way.

I need to say it was some trouble the first time ... when they suddenly turned into Tangle Crystal cross ... so I just moved them to the lone plot in the Overgrowth. Problem solved and they sometimes it a passing buy chicken. win-win situation for me XD

I find the escaping quantum slimes sometimes more irritating then the tangles. They don't escape ... those quantums do XD
Jian89
Plort

Return to Technical Support