Performance Issues

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Performance Issues

Postby Transrian » Tue May 16, 2017 10:07 am

Hi, I just bought your game, I really love it, but I got some serious performance issues ...

The game lag (at 20 fps max) when I'm on a video config > very low. I only can play on very low, which isn't that good badly. (I play in 1920x1080, and currently got only 30-40 fps, with some jump to 20, such in caves).
It don't happend with others games (ex I can play GTA V at medium / high resolution).

Here is my laptop configuration :
- Proc : i5-6440HQ (2.60GHz) (4 cores)
- RAM : 32 Go DDR4
- Graphical card : R7 M370 2 Go GDDR5

I don't got mods or something else, just the raw game.

Lag is anytime, but is more pronounced when I'm beyond large groups of slimes.

I'm not sure, but I guess that's because this graphical card is hybrid, so it may be (don't know, perhaps) not used by the game. I tried to put specific graphic for this game from Intel / Catalyst softwares panels, but nothing work anyway.

(I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, but it's the same)

Any ideas about it ?

Here is the content of my log file :
https://pastebin.com/3UaDGFN5

(It seem that my processor graphical card is used, even if it's not representative, because of this generation of amd hybrid graphical card ..)
Transrian
Plort

Re: Performance Issues

Postby Paul » Tue May 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi there,

Your log file does indicate the game is running on the lower power integrated graphics. This means that the graphics driver isn't properly detecting Slime Rancher and defaulting to the high power state. Unfortunately, the performance you describe at your settings is quite in line with integrated graphics.

It should be possible manually set the graphics driver to always default to high performance mode for Slime Rancher. If you have a current version of the Radeon Crimson drivers installed the process should be similar to this video (no voice in video, just background music).
Paul
Admin

Re: Performance Issues

Postby Transrian » Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 am

Thanks you very much, that fix my problem !

I now can play at Default quality, with about 30 fps.

But it's kind of sad that those settings aren't set by default, whereas for some other game it is.

Have a nice day !

Edit : Well, I can play with Default quality in the ranch, but not in some zones, too low fps, so I need to put low.. Would have hope better but it's better than nothing :)
Transrian
Plort

Return to Technical Support