Xbox One: Save Game issue w/profiles

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Xbox One: Save Game issue w/profiles

Postby Hunteil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:29 am

Console: Xbox One
Topic: Saved Games
Description: Playing the game on the same Xbox Console with a friend. I'm signed into my profile and play the game. I Save and Exit like normal. Then later on that day my friend switched profile and started their own game and later Saved and Exit like normal. Next day when I switch to my profile and load my game using the continue command. It ended up loading the other persons saved game and I freaked the heck out! So in ordered to not kill my save file. I used the middle button on the controller and manually closed down the game by pressing start (menu?) and exited game. Then I started the game up and used load saved game instead of continue and everything is normal...

Now that was my work around. But I didn't know if I saved and exited in their game, if it would overwrite my save file... I wasn't going to test it. My friend also encountered this problem later on that night without me there. I don't know what she did, but my file and her file are still okay. She used load save to access her game too... And again the following day the same thing happened to me. This is a reoccurring glitch.
Hunteil
Chickadoo

Re: Xbox One: Save Game issue w/profiles

Postby Hunteil » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:00 am

Update: I got home, went into the game. Went straight to load game and my friends game was there and not mine. So I jumped out of the game and forced closed it. Restarted the game and my file was there. I have the Xbox One default to log me in automatically on boot up.
Hunteil
Chickadoo

Postby Kramer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Hello! Thanks for the report on this issue. We've confirmed there is an issue here and are working on a fix. It doesn't look like you would end up overwriting your (or their) save files, but we're going to do some additional checking on that front.

At the moment the your workaround is the best way to avoid the problem (force quitting the game when you're done, after hitting "Save and Exit").
Kramer
Developer

Postby Washed3981 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Is this an issue with PS4 also. I about to delete the game because my daughters account keeps getting deleted and I am tired of the crying. I have 3 kids but hers is the only one that keeps disappearing
Washed3981
Plort

Postby orempswenel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:47 am

Thank you
orempswenel
Rancher

Xbox One Save Game issue w/profiles

Postby Zeterurl » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:33 am

I want to play with my cousins but they only have wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Could these work on Mari0 and if so, how can I connect them?
Zeterurl
Chickadoo

Return to Technical Support