Blind spots in vacuuming fruits? Pluck time reduction?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Blind spots in vacuuming fruits? Pluck time reduction?

Postby SpiralRancher » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:57 pm

The newest bug fix added something a little more troublesome.

Fruits being shaken and dispatched from their branch even after you stopped trying to suck them in definitely was a bug of some sort, I'll give whoever fixed it that. But I'm pretty sure it does make harvesting slightly but glaringly more tedious when a delicately more precise angle is required to harvest the fruits off their tree.

Very delicate.

On the other hand, while this also applies to vegetables, they are less susceptible to this bug since the ground is essentially flat. Furthermore, they can be plucked from the soil at a faster rate than they previously did (I guess about 66% to 75% times faster). The plucking time for fruits has never really been changed as far as I could reckon.

On top of that, it still requires more effort to pull it off as even a split second of pausing the VacPac will reset the fruit's snapping off their branch*. Harvesting fruits while moving around their tree makes judging the proper position to do so efficiently difficult on the go, effectively increasing the time necessary to manually collect the fruits about three or four times longer than previously possible. Maybe even more. This is a rather huge difference of pace and as a result a nasty disadvantage for the 5-Day Rush challenge. Was the implication of this foreseen prior the bug fix?

I understand that fixing up the blind spots might be tricky. I think a good compromise in the meantime would be to reduce the pluck time for fruits down to the same rate as veggies' and see if it lifts away much of the drag.

*It is similar to how a charged attack in Spiral Knights will break up completely if the charge is released before it is ready.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

On a completely different note...

Postby SpiralRancher » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Looking back on an older recording I made while playing the game, had the bug fix been put in place at the time, I may have never gotten the opportunity to set my eyes on something this endearing.

SpiralRancher
Rancher

Re: Blind spots in vacuuming fruits? Pluck time reduction?

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:24 pm

sacrificed efficiency of crops for efficiency of grass. gg MP :(
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to Technical Support