Performance Issues

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Performance Issues

Postby base4 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Let me be clear here: My computer? Not the best. Could be better. However, I still have some quite concerning... Concerns, about performance in-game.

The most prominent issue I'm having is with large, open spaces. Looking in the direction of a large amount of distant rock formations, not-so-distant structures, or even at walls with things behind them drops my frame rate by an excess of 20 FPS.

So I was forced to turn off a large number of settings to achieve optimal performance. The biggest culprits are Ambient Occlusion and Shadows, which, even though I did not state it above, are generally disabled for me, and if enabled, cause FPS drops of well over 25.

I can live without these two options for now, but I do implore the Monomi Park team to work on improving game performance (especially involving large open areas or expansive rock formations!).

And one more thing: if I turn Models and Textures to High, and set everything else to its lowest, the game runs very smoothly. Just wanted to mention that I can still run the game just fine; its just that certain options and situations are very performance-consuming.
Slime Ranch? More like RANCH DRESSING, am I right!?
Check out this slime idea I came up with: The Rewind Slime
And my theory on the Ancient Ruins: What are the Ancient Ruins?
base4
Rancher

Re: Performance Issues

Postby clmurphy74 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:20 pm

:( I am on the very lowest settings for this game, and I get low FPS if there are lots of Slimes (esp in the Ancient Ruins area) and TARR. I had to up my settings to get phase lemons to show on the trees (though this does not seem to be an issue for the one I planted on my ranch) in the Ancient Ruins area. :| If the devs add more graphics or whatever, I may not be able to play this game :(
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby base4 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:36 am

That's quite the pickle...

A personal message to the company:
Monomi Park, if people buy your game, they expect to be able to play it. Please work on performance so that you can expand your audience and keep people playing. I don't have money to buy anything new, so I seriously hope I don't have to start dissing the game as performance decreases from additional content in the future.

Let's hope they get on top of this soon.
Slime Ranch? More like RANCH DRESSING, am I right!?
Check out this slime idea I came up with: The Rewind Slime
And my theory on the Ancient Ruins: What are the Ancient Ruins?
base4
Rancher

Postby DarkCreature97 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

base4 wrote:That's quite the pickle...

A personal message to the company:
Monomi Park, if people buy your game, they expect to be able to play it. Please work on performance so that you can expand your audience and keep people playing. I don't have money to buy anything new, so I seriously hope I don't have to start dissing the game as performance decreases from additional content in the future.

Let's hope they get on top of this soon.

What are the specs of your PC?
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Return to Technical Support